• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Egotistical/ Self-Important XI

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Internationals only. Can be any format, or a combined one. Can be on field or off field mannerisms.

I'll start off:

All Time XI

Boycott
Grace
V Richards*
D Jones
Pietersen
Botham
Zoehrer+
Warne
Jeff Thomson**
Shoaib Akthar
SF Barnes

**To be replaced by G Matthews in spin-friendly conditions

Post 1990 XI

M Hayden
H Gibbs
V Sehwag
D Jones
KP Pietersen
M Bevan
P Nixon+
S Warne*
H Singh**
S Akthar
S Sreesanth

** to be replaced by D Powell in pace-friendly conditions.

I realise there is some overlap, but some of these post-1990 fellows are Hall of Famers.

These are representative samples only. Please feel free to add players or post your own XIs.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
hang on is not at all happy about michael vaughan's omission.
hang on would also like to have jesus h. flintoff in there.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Was thinking about Harbhajan, wouldn't call him a egotist exactly, but definitely comes across as a self-important jumped up **** tho.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Internationals only. Can be any format, or a combined one. Can be on field or off field mannerisms.

I'll start off:

All Time XI

**To be replaced by G Matthews in spin-friendly conditions
Mathews should be in the starting XI

Journalist: What is your favourite relaxation
Greg: My girlfriend

Our whole country hated him if I recall correctly.*

* Everyone I spoke to

Edit found this quote

Former Australian test and one-day international fast bowler Craig McDermott and evergreen offspin bowler Greg Matthews - whose legendary ****iness with bat and ball made him a man New Zealanders loved to hate in the 1980s - will cross the Tasman to take on their Kiwi rivals in the February 24 Twenty20 match.
http://www.infonews.co.nz/news.cfm?id=63413

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Disagree on Atherton

Duncan Fletcher as coach. Anyone who's read his books will surely agree.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Keith Arthurton was a man whose ego seemed to regularly write cheques his ability couldn't cash.

smash84

The Tiger King
Imran Khan in with a shout too I suppose.......although he might fit in better in the narcissist XI

Xuhaib

International Coach
All great players has ego of various degrees they bound too considering their skills set I prefer if we talk about only those whose talk>walk.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Chappell brothers? Not sure how is egotist being defined here as though, so I might be wrong.