• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain: Grassroots on the Test Stage

Flem274*

123/5
Simple challenge, playable on any version. Select any domestic side you like and see if you can lead them to international glory.

I will be using the 2010/2011 Central Districts side.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Would be interesting to see any 1990's Australian domestic side simulated in Test cricket. Obviously ICC wasn't around at that stage, but still.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How dare you come up with such a gun idea when I have work to do.

Firebirds would dominate.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm, I'm already going to do a County season so I might just be England but only pick players with < 10-15 caps or something.

Flem274*

123/5
Quick note on regens and reserves; Uncontracted or regens contracted to your domestic side only. If you're desperate for balance/players, pick a guy who has played for your side in the past i.e. George Worker is my fourth opening option even though he now plays for Canterbury.

If you can't make a squad fairly, pick rubbish players from other provinces.:p

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I've already got a save going as ND lol

I think I posted a screenshot or two on Cricsim? I won the first test against Australia lol

Flem274*

123/5
Wasn't that because Williamson, Vettori and Southee did all the work though?:p

I want to see someone use the Canterbury side from the early to mid 2000s. That will carve.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A Canterbury side you could use in ICC2005:

+ Papps
Astle
* Stead
Fulton
McMillan
Cairns
Harris
Bond
Shaw
Cunis
Wiseman

Phwoar. It's pretty tempting - especially if you overlook Fleming's defection to Wellington and chuck him in there as well. But I can't bring myself to go against my Aucks. Think this is the best I can do...

* Horne
McIntosh
Vincent
Nicol/Jones
Styris
Barnes
+ Hopkins/Young
Mills
Adams
Tuffey
Martin

Fair bowling attack, IMO.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Well, that was an unnervingly close series against Zimbabwe - 1-1 in the Tests, and 2-1 to Auckland in the ODIs. Won the deciding ODI by 2 runs. South Africa next. :unsure:

Daemon

Playing this on my iPhone (2010) using Mumbai.

1) Ajinkya Rahane
2) Wasim Jaffer
3) Sachin Tendulkar (C)
4) Rohit Sharma
5) Abhishek Nayar
6) Dhawal Kulkarni
7) Marathe (+)
8) Ramesh Powar
9) Iqbal Abdulla
10) Zaheer Khan
11) Avishkar Salvi

Ajit Agarkar (Injured 4 weeks)
Aditya Tare
Paul Valthaty :ph34r:
R Raje

Any obvious ones I've missed out?

Quality batting ends at 4, 5-9 can hold a bat though. Pace bowling is dire apart from Zak, decent spinners in Powar and Abdulla. Will be a miracle if I beat any test nation.

Flem274*

123/5
Facing Australia, and this won't be pretty. Started the game to find Ingram out injured for the entire series, Wheeler, Dougeh and Mason in terrible form.

The team is;

Ben Smith
Jamie How
Mathew Sinclair
Ross Taylor
Tim Weston
Brad Patton
Kruger van Wyk
Jeremy Kuru
Michael Mason
Adam Milne
Mitchell McClenaghan

I'm bowling first, and Australia are 93/0 at lunch. Mason and Milne have bowled very tight but with no penetration. Kuru and McClenaghan got slaughtered.

Flem274*

123/5
Sinclair is officially my third seamer for the match. Eight overs, two maidens for ten runs. He even made Katich play and miss!

Flem274*

123/5
Day 1 is done, and I'm off to bed. Australia are 299/3.

Mark Cosgrove 129
Simon Katich 98

Milne, McClenaghan and Sinclair have one wicket each.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Playing this on my iPhone (2010) using Mumbai.

1) Ajinkya Rahane
2) Wasim Jaffer
3) Sachin Tendulkar (C)
4) Rohit Sharma
5) Abhishek Nayar
6) Dhawal Kulkarni
7) Marathe (+)
8) Ramesh Powar
9) Iqbal Abdulla
10) Zaheer Khan
11) Avishkar Salvi

Ajit Agarkar (Injured 4 weeks)
Aditya Tare
Paul Valthaty :ph34r:
R Raje

Any obvious ones I've missed out?

Quality batting ends at 4, 5-9 can hold a bat though. Pace bowling is dire apart from Zak, decent spinners in Powar and Abdulla. Will be a miracle if I beat any test nation.
iirc Nayar tends to go pretty well in ICC games

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Started my England n00b game. Samaraweera took 10fa and we lost. Hildreth tonned though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Firebirds Squad:

1) Papps
2) Murdoch
3) Ryder
4) Elliott
5) Franklin
6) Woodcock
7) Austin-Smellie
8) Patel
9) Gillespie
10) O'Brien
11) McKay

Bench:
Brodie
Pollard
Nevin
Boam
Rhodes
Bowden
Friday

I've decided to select on NEXT season so basically N Parlane out, Papps in.