• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Bresnan

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Played 8 won 8. Says it all really.

Keep him in for Edgbaston as it will swing there too, let Tremlett prove his fitness with Slurrey and play Tremlett at Oval for the extra bounce as that is a logical pick.

Proving Mr Reliable for us these days. Be an automatic choice for every other test side in the world which shows the depth we have.

BlazeDragon

Banned
They need Tremlett they just can't rest him again.

Rest Trott he is injured and they have way too many batsmen anyways.

Last edited:

pskov

International 12th Man
England won't change a winning side with no injuries, not their style
They did in the Ashes when they dropped Finn for Tremlett.

e: Actually, I'm mistaken. He was dropped after the third test defeat, forgot Tremlett came in for an injured Broad originally.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
I have to admit I'm not a fan of Bresnan. Have never felt he was that good a bowler but he has obviously performed during recent times. As far as compliments go, I really think he looks much fitter than he did before and its obvious he's been working on it. Probably helped him.

With regards to Tremlett coming back into the team, drop Swann and play 4 quicks. The pitches dont seem to be helping spinners much and India play spin better than most I guess.

Spark

Global Moderator
Shows how absurdly strong England's pace depth is when people are genuinely suggesting dropping Swann (which I think is a terrible idea because I think we saw first innings how exposed England can be without him to bottle up one end and let the quicks rotate)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Shows how absurdly strong England's pace depth is when people are genuinely suggesting dropping Swann (which I think is a terrible idea because I think we saw first innings how exposed England can be without him to bottle up one end and let the quicks rotate)
Maybe in the first test. But he took a fearful hammering in the first innings at Trent Bridge, didn't he? Admittedly the injury may have been a factor, even if it wasn't his bowling hand.