• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shastri Vs Hussain, Shastri has lost it

BlazeDragon

Banned
Wow. Shastri has always been my favorite Indian commentator but its almost like he was drunk while doing this interview.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Shastri and his ilk are the broadcasting equivelant of a one-eyed, biased troll. If I was an executive at ESPNStar I'd be ****ing embarassed at paying these guys money to spout their crap. It would be cheaper to hire someone from a YouTube comments section.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbh, that describes most commentators. It's why it's noteworthy when there's a bloke who isn't a YT troll + mic.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah but that was just embarassing.

I'll also throw in that I'd love to give Harsha Bogle's face a good slap. There's something about that man that bugs the bejesus out of me.

Last edited:

BlazeDragon

Banned
Shastri and his ilk are the broadcasting equivelant of a one-eyed, biased troll. If I was an executive at ESPNStar I'd be ****ing embarassed at paying these guys money to spout their crap. It would be cheaper to hire someone from a YouTube comments section.
Gavaskar is much worse tbh. Sometimes the stuff he says sound very much like Youtube comments section. I think a lot of trolls there get their lessons from him.

pup11

International Coach
Gavaskar is much worse tbh. Sometimes the stuff he says sound very much like Youtube comments section. I think a lot of trolls there get their lessons from him.
Yeah people like Gavaskar and Shastri are quality trolls who have narrow minded views on just about everything, but as T_C said its pretty much the same with commentators all around, the worse thing about Gavaskar and Shastri though is that they sound like BCCI salesmen at all times.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
lol @ Shastri..........hahahaha.......what a loser man........

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That jealousy bit was SSSOOOO hilarious.........it cracked me up.......

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBH when Ravi was saying India are number one, I was waiting him to add "Haters can suck it!"

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
TBH when Ravi was saying India are number one, I was waiting him to add "Haters can suck it!"
Thought it was pretty funny when he said England were jealous because they'd never been no1. Go read a history book you nuffy

BlazeDragon

Banned
I'll also throw in that I'd love to give Harsha Bogle's face a good slap. There's something about that man that bugs the bejesus out of me.
Well I just saw the star cricket clip and him and Gavaskar tried to put all the blame on Bell today and that really annoyed me. I didn't expect any better from Gavaskar but I was surprised by him because I always thought of him and Shastri as 'better' Indian commentators. I having second thoughts about both of them now.

The funny thing is I am liking Ganguly as a commentator these days even though I never liked him as a player.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Its not even a comparison as commentators,Shastri does not even come close to Nasser Hussain.

Additionally, Nasser and co (at Sky) are way better than StarSport.
StarSport has some rubbish/Biased commentators i.e Gavaskar,Shastri where as SkySports commentator team is full of legends.
Bumble,Atherton,Hussain are just too good, listening to them is worth it.

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah never been a fan of Sunny or Ravi S as commentators...
The British press has been negative towards Indian team which is expected... Don't know where jealousy comes into it though...

Nassar is good though and also liking Ganguly as commentator .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. sounds like a ploy by Star Cricket to get more people tuning in.. And they will need it, with the India is playing.. :laugh:

Anyways, I posted a bit of a verbatim of what went on in the official tour thread.. If anyone is interested in facts rather than just wiseass cracks that mean nothing, you can read that and draw your own conclusions..

FWIW, I think Shastri got too heated up about nothing but they handled it pretty well, talking it out face to face during a commentary stint..