• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shastri Vs Hussain, Shastri has lost it

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Manjrekar has been a pleasure to listen too, speaks sense and makes constructive points about India's failings and England's plus points.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hmm, not many, if any, recall this series here about 20 years down the line... Results | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

But if I asked the same group of folks who won the World Cup held prior to this series, just about everyone will get the answer right.

Hey, I'm just sayin' :p
Remember that series. You don't forget Graeme Hick carrying the side with bat and ball.

Also, I don't think 12 months counts as "the World Cup before that series".

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, a bit of a stretch to say most people don't remember that series - they were only talking about it on TMS at the weekend.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I saw Bun (I think) mention that this series was revenge for that as well. It's been mentioned heaps on my time in this forum. I'm sure it's not discussed on the streets of Canada mind you.

Also I think Freddie Flintoff reads this forum, either that or he gets sledged on twitter with the same **** we read here:

I wish people would stop banging on about Indian pitches and this winter , we've just won 4-0 These lads will beat anyone on anything #fact
Now it's" we won the world cup !" Not interested 4-0 in the real form of the game on flat wickets ! Maybe someone bat tampered ! #excuses
I love that guy, should sign up here and be my sidekick

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Nasser made a total mug of Shastri.

1. Jealous of the IPL? Errr not really! :laugh:
2. Jealous of India being number 1? :laugh: :laugh:
3. Jealous of being of India world champions? We're world champions in the exciting limited overs format! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: