Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shastri Vs Hussain, Shastri has lost it

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    It wasn't that heated. It was two people calling it as they said it, that's all.
    In other words, no bans or infractions applicable had the argument been on CW. It would have peacefully run over 100 pages resulting in more polarised opinions
    "I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
    - Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Lol at Shastri using 'bloody' and 'damn'. How professional. His rant was hilarious though, pity they didn't fight more in the commentary box.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Lol at Shastri using 'bloody' and 'damn'. How professional. His rant was hilarious though, pity they didn't fight more in the commentary box.
    seemd like he was kinda drunk... (drowsy eyes too)

Simon Champion!
    Shastri is involved with the BCCI and on the IPL governing council so no surprise this comment came from him.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Nasser wafg
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I see what you're saying, but it doesn't really outweigh the annoyance of a paid professional commenting with all the integrity of Dhoni_Fan.
    Haha it would have been trolling if he said it on here for sure. There's a difference between stating an opinion and being offensive, and Shahstri stepped firmly into the offensive camp with the accusations of jealousy.

If commentators spouted off like that every game it would get boring quickly, but every once in a while makes for hilarious viewing. It takes a certain kind of foolish courage to act like an arsehole on live TV. I almost respect it.

I find the constant descriptions of Tim Bresnan as a hard working toiler (mainly occurred a few years ago tbf) when he's an attacking bowler, or Ian Chappell saying Ross Taylor scored all his test centuries against Bangladesh during our last tour of Australia, or Tony Grieg saying Hamish Bennett was a medium pacer, far more offensive than an obviously passionate yet misguided idiot saying what he thinks.

Not doing your research and relying on cliches or plain making things up incenses me, because I could do that for far less coin. Shahstri has put some semblance of thought into his opinion, and he backs it to the hilt. I like that in my commentators, even if they do fall on the wtflolbbq end of the scale.

I want him down here next time India tour commentating alongside Crowe and I demand green pitches this time, not roads flatter than Paris Hilton. Recipe for entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    seemd like he was kinda drunk... (drowsy eyes too)
    Been attacking Beefy's wine supply in the press box maybe?

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Embarrassing stuff. Lost a lot of respect for Shastri there and gained some for Nasser.
    ★★★★★

Never had a high opinion of Shastri anyway so this is probably expected. Agree with those that find Bhogle annoying as well. Honestly, I dont even know what it is but that guy deserves a pie in the face or something.

On another note, echoing the thoughts on Ganguly's commentating. Actually like him more as a commentator than a player. I'm fairly partial to Gavaskar despite all the rubbish he says, but thats only because I liked him as a player though.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

International 12th Man Outswinger@Pace's Avatar
    Wow! Never saw something that unprofessional from Shastri. I always knew the guy was a one-eyed jingoistic freak, but for all his other shortcomings, the guy doesn't seem to be a tactless fool.

He has the other ingredients to be a fair commentator. A good, deep barritone, good command over the English language (not a given for sub-continental players) and concise views on the game that he manages to express somewhat articulately.

Even if I had the same opinion as Ravi (ftr, I do not), I would have voiced that in a more acceptable fashion. Of course, staying sober during the discussion helps a bit!

International 12th Man Outswinger@Pace's Avatar

Icon1

On a separate note, Bhogle should have cut Shastri off when he said "sour grapes".

I don't know what the relation between the two men is like but I'm assuming they are friends having worked together for so long. If my friend was drunk and on the verge of embarrassing himself on camera, my immediate reaction would be to thwart him. It's a pity that Bhogle actually leads him on.

That doesn't take away from Shastri's lack of discretion though. A sound-minded, adult commentator on air is expected to hold himself to better standards. A rap on the knuckles (a monetary fine, possibly) wouldn't be inappropriate, IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Yeah but that was just embarassing.

I'll also throw in that I'd love to give Harsha Bogle's face a good slap. There's something about that man that bugs the bejesus out of me.
    Man, that is one bitch I'd like to slap, ****ing Bogley.

Oh yes shastri, always thought he was a plonker.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 01-08-2011 at 11:14 AM.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Wonder if Shastri is jealous of the England side being a superior test team?

School Boy/Girl Cricketer weed wizard's Avatar
    shastri u lunatic.
    See u on dark side of the moon.
    President George W. Bush was
    once a cheerleader!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    Never had a high opinion of Shastri anyway so this is probably expected. Agree with those that find Bhogle annoying as well. Honestly, I dont even know what it is but that guy deserves a pie in the face or something.

On another note, echoing the thoughts on Ganguly's commentating. Actually like him more as a commentator than a player. I'm fairly partial to Gavaskar despite all the rubbish he says, but thats only because I liked him as a player though.
    haha....gun post.....agree with almost everything
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information