• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Vaseline Gate - Vaughan's Joke.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Pathetic Pathetic response from the Indian Ex-Cricketers i.e Shastri, Ganguly and Gavaskar.
I keep wondering, why and how Indians totally miss the point of a statement and take it seriously making it an issue of their ego.

Poor Vaughan tweeted "Has Vaseline on the outside edge saved the day for Laxman???" as a joke but what he got in reply was utter stupidity from the Indian fans who spammed his twitter inbox, totally missing the sense of humor even after Vaughan Clarified

"Friends from India.. I didn't accuse VVS of using Vaseline.. And even if Batsman do its not cheating..know rules saying you can't."

---------------------------------------------------------
Absolutely stupid reply from Indian Former Cricketers, wanting to sue Vaughan.

‪Chak De Cricket (31/07/2011)‬‏ - YouTube

Check 5:30 - 6:50 (English), Shastri and Gavaskar need to get their heads right.
---------------------------------------------------------

Poor Vaughan had to change his appearance to go out for Shopping :laugh:

Last edited:

Albion

Cricket Spectator
Is it a cultural thing? Vaughan has a very dry sarcastic sense of humour.

It seems like last tour when Shastri & Bhogle spent half the tour muttering about how India had been 'slighted' by Michael Atherton and not given enough respect!

Now it seems Nasser got the treatment in the Star box today for daring to criticise the BCCI over the DRS.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Some people can not take a joke. They remind me of the Indian fanboys on Youtube that are always trying abuse robelinda even though he uploads so many Indian stuff.

Last edited:

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Its not about vaughan ,
Stuart broad had the guts to ask umpires to check vvs laxman bat if he had vaseline on it
and he even checked it himself and latter told in the press conference he found nothing.
God save spirit of cricket.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
even if he was joking, it was a pretty inappropriate comment.

btw broad had a feel of laxman's bat after that delivery and found nothing on it... (even this was inappropriate)

oh Dhoni is God

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Broad checking ot Laxman's edge of the bat was unwanted I would be pissed if I was the batsman not the first time Broad will act like a tool on the field.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
"During a Test in India in 2002 I was given out handled the ball. I was equally dozy. But in those situations you put on an act. You try to cause a storm to divert attention. "I went back into the dressing room in Bangalore and argued with everyone and said India were out of order appealing for that," he added.

"After an hour of stewing I knew I had been completely dumb and dozy. But I think Bell acted quite well.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
even if he was joking, it was a pretty inappropriate comment.
Absolutely true. And secondly, there was nothing obvious to suggest that he was joking; I mean it wouldn't seem like a joke to an impartial third party.

But yeah, joke or no joke - it was absolutely inappropriate.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Some English fans in their comments on web are also expressing the opinion that this wasn't a good comment from Vaughan. No one, anywhere has a sense of humour these days.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If it was a joke it is a classic case of written words being easily misinterpreted. Sometimes what you mean as a joke can be clearly shown by the tone of voice you use or facial expression as you say it, not possible obviously when it is written down.

Storm in a teacup if you ask me. Shows by the reaction how touchy India are by the fact they look like losing their number 1 status.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
If it was a joke it is a classic case of written words being easily misinterpreted. Sometimes what you mean as a joke can be clearly shown by the tone of voice you use or facial expression as you say it, not possible obviously when it is written down.

Storm in a teacup if you ask me. Shows by the reaction how touchy India are by the fact they look like losing their number 1 status.
India will not lose this series if Bell indeed did pretend (likely) etc (and other stuff that i cant be bothered to write anymore )

karma.

flibbertyjibber

India will not lose this series if Bell indeed did pretend (likely) etc (and other stuff that i cant be bothered to write anymore )

karma.
So you think they will win both the last 2 tests do you?

Lets be honest looking like they need to now to draw the series unless rain saves them in this match.

flibbertyjibber

They need to just lose by a lesser margin than 2 test to still stay number 1.
I know that, but he said karma will mean they won't lose the series and they look like going 2 down. Read what is posted before jumping in with stupid comments in future.