• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni is a model of sportsmanship. Haters can suck it

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty much that. Enough of it, all the Dhoni haters. You'd wish to believe he is a poor man. You are more than willing to believe Harper's accusation of being threatened by Dhoni. But admit it, he has not once done something on field that can be remotely called poor gamesmanship. Not once in his career so far he has sledged at an opponent, not even in retaliation. And what happened today, you all saw it. Give it to him.

Params7

Cricket Spectator
Dhoni can go **** himself. Strauss would have never done this. The crowds boo let them, they just mad.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what a ****ing tool. probably did it to earn some english fans so he can launch his new brand of clothing in england.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never seen Dhoni as a bad guy anyway, just don't rate him as highly as a cricketer as some others do.

What he did today though (whether he had a nudge from other players/coach) was superb from the spirit side of things. Not sure i'd have done it as it was Bell's own fault.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I did not like what I saw before the tea and I had a sneaky feeling that if there's one person who would withdraw that appeal, it'd would be Dhoni. So happy to see what he did.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
You should win Tests by batting, bowling and fielding well, not by exploiting loopholes in the law like some shark lawyer.
Basically.

Absolutely fantastic IMO.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dhoni can suck it. Congrats on losing your first series as a captain, and losing the #1 ranking to boot.

Dolt.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A fantastic gesture made (and hopefully England will skittle India for 100 or so in the second innings so as not to make it relevant to the final result)

But seriously, yes he's done something very good there and deserves praise, just like his hotel comments in the Windies deserved condemnation.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dravid is apparently saying the whole team agreed with Dhoni's decision... So there ya go.. I just think it is a nice touch and might mend a lot of the issues going on between England and India fans and media at the moment.. This could very easily have turned into Sydney part II..

jan

State Vice-Captain
Took Dhoni & the gang almost half an hour to decide...
Had he done that immediately before leaving field it would be an outstanding example of true sportsmanship. This way its just ok = pointless thread.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Just watching the highlights to catch up with what has gone on today. I've got to say I'm very impressed with what Dhoni did, it takes guts to make a call like that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Took Dhoni & the gang almost half an hour to decide...
Had he done that immediately before leaving field it would be an outstanding example of true sportsmanship. This way its just ok = pointless thread.
yeah.. they took time to decide to do something that they DIDN'T have to do and reverse an appeal they were well within their rights to appeal for.. Other captains decide these on spur of the moment, sure.. 8-)