• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pietersen vs Clarke

Who will have the better career?

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah the best thing about Clarke over the past few years is that he's often made tough runs. I remember making a point about him not doing that at the start of his career, and pasag created a thread on it.

So yeah it's pleasing to see. Of course KP is known to rise to the occasion too. It's a very close call but I enjoy watching a decent Clarke innings over a decent Pietersen innings, but that could be because of the team I support.
I prefer watching Pietersen but that's purely because KP utterly bitchslaps opposition bowlers when he's in the zone.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I prefer watching Pietersen but that's purely because KP utterly bitchslaps opposition bowlers when he's in the zone.
Yeah it's fair enough. I don't love his technique in Tests and would prefer to watch a Clarke or Bell.

In ODI's I like KP's style.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Both have been very unfairly treated at various times but would probably take KP, probably biased because he has played the best innings I have ever seen live. Just love the fact he is now just part of a very good side rather than such a focal point.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm pretty sure I argued in favour of Clarke not long ago but I'm really warming to KP's technique. So many of his unorthodox little nuances seem to be designed specifically so that his mistakes are unlikely to actually get him out.

L Trumper

State Regular
I'm pretty sure I argued in favour of Clarke not long ago but I'm really warming to KP's technique. So many of his unorthodox little nuances seem to be designed specifically so that his mistakes are unlikely to actually get him out.
Spot on. Nasser hussain used to rinse and repeat that.

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pietersen is the most talented England batsman of the last 30 years or so, IMO.

I'd back him to end up with much better records and reputation than Clarke. If he doesn't, then it'll only be due to his temperament.
Not even English

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
We have gone through this many times on this forum.. He plays for the England cricket team. That's all that matters.