• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wayne Parnell Converts to Islam

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so do we call him whallid or wayne or parnell or the great one or what from now on

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
itstl.........

the surprising thing is that the conversions to Islam seem to be on the rise since 9/11

Howe_zat

Audio File
Really? Are there any figures for that?

I would think conversions are generally more likely as time goes on thanks to cultures being more exposed to each other, and the generally increased tolerance in most societies. But I seriously doubt there's been much change in the curve since 9/11.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't think there are any figures but you get a lot of news about high profile people converting.

Cherie Blair's sister, M Yusuf, the rumor about Michael Jackson etc etc........

I might be totally wrong though.......it was just a hunch that I had

jan

State Vice-Captain
Whatever floats his boat.

I know one such case in my hometown so Im not saying this to flame. The poor dude, I think his name is now Mahmood, lost nearly all his friends because of the wierd conversion and opinions he got from it and the muslims he came to simply dont trust him because he is a convertite. He got ostracized by both camps and lives a lonely life reading koran and growing his beard which is sad because he used to be a smart and funny guy.
Kinda fancy these days to go muslim-style...

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
For a moment i though i was on Cricsim reading this thread, tbh:no:

Last edited: