• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player Ratings

Spark

Global Moderator
2nd Test

England

Cook 1 - Once is an annoyance, twice will spark a twinge of concern. The manner of dismissals especially.
Strauss 4 - Twice threw away starts after grafting. Again. Captaincy was good, very sharp second dig.
Trott 2 - Not especially fair to him, but his first innings dismissal was poor.
KP 7 - two poor shots to end two promising knocks.
Bell 8.5 - Dodgy first innings, extraordinary second innings. Pontingesque, dare I say it.
Morgan 7 - Blinder second time 'round but still looks fairly useless against lateral movement of any kind.
Prior 7.5 - No shame in how he got out first innings. Excellent behind the stumps.
Bresnan 9 - If the world needed a demonstration of just how much depth this England side had, he provided it.
Broad 10 - Just wow.
Swann 3 - Horror game with the ball but an important first innings cameo with Broad.
Anderson 6 - Not his best work.

India

Mukund 1 - So lucky not to get a king pair whilst opening which says it all, really.
Dravid 8.5 - Special, special knock first up. Fell to a cracker in the second.
Laxman 5 - Threw it away at a crucial juncture first knock, second speaks for itself.
Tendulkar 4.5 - What on earth was that shot first innings?!
Raina 1 - Looked hopeless, frankly. Took some good catches, I guess.
Yuvraj 6 - Did well first innings, and got India into a fairly strong position.
Dhoni N/A - Rubbish, rubbish game with bat and on field, but what a fine act that was.
Harbhajan 3 - Finally showed some modicum of fight, but far too late.
Kumar 7 - At times looked the only member of his attack.
Sreesanth 3.5 - Bowled well first innings and took some critical wickets, rubbish in the second
Ishant 2.5 - Likewise, but worse.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
Wouldn't give Morgan a 7 when KP's got a 5, KP scored 29 & 63 Morgan 0 & 70, KP's knock of 63 when he was with Bell, was a better knock than Morgan's against a tired attack with a soft ball. I'd go 5 to Morgan 6 to KP
The other I'd rate a bit higher is Anderson, not bowled as well as he has done before at Tent Bridge but he bowled very nicely all way through the game, picked up 5 wickets, picked up 2 of the big wickets with beauties in the 2nd innings. 7 to Anderson.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I'm not sure why I gave KP 5 :confused:

Fixed now.

Think Anderson getting a 6 is fair tbh. Was good in the second dig, yes, picked up key wickets, yes, but I was not impressed by his first innings effort.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spark, are you posting Mukund's and Raina's ratings, or their match aggregates? :ph34r:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
1 for Tech Mahindra and 2 for Freeruns. He is actually getting worse as a bowler. scary thought. Bhaji bowled like **** as well, so give him a 2.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
2nd Test

England

Cook 1 - Once is an annoyance, twice will spark a twinge of concern. The manner of dismissals especially.
Strauss 4 - Twice threw away starts after grafting. Again. Captaincy was good, very sharp second dig.
Trott 2 - Not especially fair to him, but his first innings dismissal was poor.
KP 6 - two poor shots to end two promising knocks.
Bell 9 - Dodgy first innings, extraordinary second innings. Pontingesque, dare I say it.
Morgan 5.5 - Blinder second time 'round but still looks fairly useless against lateral movement of any kind.
Prior 7 - No shame in how he got out first innings. Excellent behind the stumps.
Bresnan 8.5 - If the world needed a demonstration of just how much depth this England side had, he provided it.
Broad 10 - Just wow.
Swann 2 - Horror game with the ball but an important first innings cameo with Broad.
Anderson 6 - Not his best work.

India

Mukund 1 - So lucky not to get a king pair whilst opening which says it all, really.
Dravid 8 - Special, special knock first up. Fell to a cracker in the second.
Laxman 5 - Threw it away at a crucial juncture first knock, second speaks for itself.
Tendulkar 3 - What on earth was that shot first innings?!
Raina 1 - Looked hopeless, frankly. Took some good catches, I guess.
Yuvraj 4.5 - Did well first innings, and got India into a fairly strong position.
Dhoni 0 - Rubbish, rubbish game with bat and on field, but what a fine act that was.
Harbhajan 1 - Finally showed some modicum of fight, but far too late.
Kumar 7 - At times looked the only member of his attack.
Sreesanth 3 - Bowled well first innings and took some critical wickets, rubbish in the second
Ishant 3 - Likewise, but worse.
well written

btw
I've chucked in my ratings

Howe_zat

Audio File
I don't think he does, it was only a 20-odd after all. Both Swann and Harbhajan chanced their arm and it sort-of came off in one innings, and we can't really punish Harbhajan for his runs coming when it didn't matter.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't think he does, it was only a 20-odd after all. Both Swann and Harbhajan chanced their arm and it sort-of came off in one innings, and we can't really punish Harbhajan for his runs coming when it didn't matter.
A counterattacking 30-odd when your team is 8 down for **** all that helps drag your team's score to something that you can at least bowl at is far more important than Harbhajan having a slog when the match was gone.

Plus we can punish Harbhajan for an utterly brainless dismissal in the 2nd innings.

Spark

Global Moderator
3rd Test

England

Strauss 7.5 - Fine knock to set up the innings. Threw away an easy hundred.
Cook 10 - Machine.
Bell 4
KP 7
Morgan 8.5 - It wasn't the best ton I've seen but it's still a ton.
Bopara 2 - Poor bloke, on a hiding to nothing
Prior 2 - Ditto
Bresnan 8 - Superb bowling first dig and useful with the bat too
Broad 7.5 - Far too much to expect the standard of the last two Tests to be maintained, but he still bowled well
Swann 3 - Took a fearful clattering after the game was gone
Anderson 7 - The inverse of the other seamers in that he was far better second dig than first

India

Gambhir 3 - Poor shots to throw it away
Sehwag 0 - Managed to do what Mukund nearly did last Test
Dravid 1 - Two pearls to get him, and two dropped catches
Tendulkar 3 - horrible first up, unfortunate second time around
Laxman 3 - caught on the pull...
Raina 2 - lol
Dhoni 8 - actually showed some real fight with the bat in both innings
Mishra 4 - no balls are ridiculous
Kumar 6 - the only bowler not to bowl tripe at one stage or another, and a wonderful cameo at the end
Ishant 1 - the less said the better
Sreesanth 0 - even more so

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't think Brezza should get higher than Jimmy. Jimmy ripped out the top four all by himself this morning.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Players first :p

Strauss 9 - captained and batted well, would have given him 10 if he had tonned up but I guess he'll have to settle for leading the best team in the world as a consolation prize
Cook 11 - Ten out of ten for a masterful innings, bonus point for an incredible catch to wrap up India's first innings
Bell 6 - The sort of innings where the 'old Bell' used to get all his runs according to his critics, he missed out here. Fielded well.
Pietersen 7 - Excellent innings while it lasted but a hundred was there for the taking
Morgan 9 - it wasn't the most fluent hundred you'll ever see, but it was a hundred nonetheless. The game situation went to very comfortable to an almost guaranteed England win from him starting his innings to when he got out, good effort.
Bopara 1 - Took a catch
Prior 6 - Missed out on runs that were there to be had but kept satisfactorily
Bresnan 8.5 - Excellent with the ball in the first innings, and the bat
Broad 9 - England's MVP in this series, should be taking the MOTS at The Oval barring something incredible from Pietersen or Anderson, bowled an amazing spell in the first innings and did enough damage in the second. In three Tests has gone from people questioning his place to World XI material. Outstanding.
Swann 4 - Had bowled nicely before Praveen teed off
Anderson 8.5 - Bowled the best spell of the match, on Saturday morning, which was effectively the game-closer.

Sehwag -1 - No runs, couldn't field properly. Waste of a place in the team.
Gambhir 3 - Did little of consequence
Dravid 3 - Can be forgiven a poor performance after having to basically open the batting again. Unlucky dismissal on Saturday though why he didn't review it is beyond me. Fielding is surely a concern.
Tendulkar 3 - Not playing with any real fluency. For the second match in a row he started to look more like himself when the game was pretty much gone. No huge sympathy for a batsman who gets run out backing up.
Laxman 1 - India's man for a crisis hasn't done the good in this series really. Ludicrous dismissal in the first dig but he couldn't do much about the second.
Raina 1 - Not Test standard.
Dhoni 7 - Two good innings, questionable captaincy
Mishra 0 - I've no respect for a spinner bowling all those no balls, loses all 2 points he would have gained, as a result.
Praveen 6 - Batted well, bowled okay
Sharma 1 - Tried hard
Sreesanth 0 - Even India fans deserve better than this guy. Bowled like a ****** and batted like a little girl. Should never play international cricket again.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
4th Test

Strauss 6 - got a start. Good move bringing Swann back on despite the new ball.
Cook 5 - got a start
Bell 10 - World-class.
Pietersen 9.5 - Should have got the double but batted excellently
Morgan 1 - Er, fielded okay
Bopara 7 - Looked comfortable at the crease. Bowling was decent as well actually. Has done enough to get a trip to UAE but remains behind Morgan for now
Prior 7 - No problems behind the stumps aside from a curious non-appeal to Tendulkar
Bresnan 7 - did enough, took the key wicket
Broad 7 - Quietest game of the series but still bowled well.
Swann 8.5 - Took some tap but this time took some wickets with it. The two last night were the key ones
Anderson 7 - Quietish game, bowled fine, cleaned Laxman up nicely

Sehwag 2 - Apparently he told Aggers that England wouldn't bowl Swann to him because he would destroy him. Unlucky dickhead.
Gambhir N/A - will give him a pass here
Dravid 9.5 - Sensational
Tendulkar 7 - Batted well in the 4th innings but had plenty of luck and didn't do enough
Laxman 2 - Forgot he played, useless in this one
Raina 2 - Bowling was not bad
Dhoni 1 - Back to ****e
Mishra 4 - Excellent innings but bowling means no India fan can ever laugh at Australia's Ashes spinners again
Sharma 1 - Anonymous
RP Singh - 0.5 - Worse
Sreesanth 2 - The pick of the Indian seamers. Total ****e.