• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player Ratings

Spark

Global Moderator
If you want to feel excited by commentators, go listen to Lawry and Grieg. What I want from commentators is their insights into the little intricacies of the game that they get from playing at the highest level, and Holding delivers in spades.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If you want to feel excited by commentators, go listen to Lawry and Grieg. What I want from commentators is their insights into the little intricacies of the game that they get from playing at the highest level, and Holding delivers in spades.
Exactly - you don't want constant yelping whenever something exciting happens. Do you really need these guys to tell you when you should be excited? You need them to be interesting.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah but they should show some passion too!!!! and not just stay quiet when someone hits a lovely cover drive.

it's a game after all-
you want that thrill!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
agree with most ranking expect the sharma 5 and Tremlett 7....would give 6 and 5 respectively
I could have bowled better than Sharma in the first innings. Given India got the best of the bowling conditions in the match, Sharma's first innings figures are inexcusable.

Harbhajan getting a 3 from Spark and Corrin is at least 3 points too many.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Exactly - you don't want constant yelping whenever something exciting happens. Do you really need these guys to tell you when you should be excited? You need them to be interesting.

but if they stay quiet, you can't really feel the atmosphere. you dont feel like you're in the game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
but if they stay quiet, you can't really feel the atmosphere. you dont feel like you're in the game.
I cqn.get into the atmosphere fine without some idiot commentator screaming about Citi Moments of Success and such like. Sky's commentators by and large let the on-field action do the talking for them, and their commentary is much better for it. Far rather that than morons like Tony Greig blabber on about TV shows because they're contractually obliged to speak 200 words every minute and have nothing to say about the cricket.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
yeah but they should show some passion too!!!! and not just stay quiet when someone hits a lovely cover drive.

it's a game after all-
you want that thrill!
I don't recall Ravi Shastri saying much when.Dhoni smacked that six to win the World Cup.

Spark

Global Moderator
I could have bowled better than Sharma in the first innings. Given India got the best of the bowling conditions in the match, Sharma's first innings figures are inexcusable.

Harbhajan getting a 3 from Spark and Corrin is at least 3 points too many.
He bowled somewhat adequately second dig, I thought. Still not very threatening though.