• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any to Find This Data?

Crazysah

Cricket Spectator
Anyway to Find This Data?

Hello,

Is there anyway to find out the data of which bowler bowled which over for any match without having to go through cricinfo everytime? Is there a way, that suppose I have a database of all the matches, that I can find this out easily? Or something?

Crazysah

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
i can help you with what little i know.

praveen kumar bowled the first over of england's second innings in the ongoing lords test between england and india that started on 21st july, 2011.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
i can help you with what little i know.

praveen kumar bowled the first over of england's second innings in the ongoing lords test between england and india that started on 21st july, 2011.
yes..

and he also bowled the second over of England's first innings in the same test match.

Crazysah should be happier now as he has 2 data points. Better than having 0 data points. No?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Hello,

Is there anyway to find out the data of which bowler bowled which over for any match without having to go through cricinfo everytime? Is there a way, that suppose I have a database of all the matches, that I can find this out easily? Or something?

Crazysah
Hello,

No there isn't. FFS go and get laid. Life is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short for this.

bagapath

International Captain
james anderson (right arm fast medium) of england bowled the 81st over of the second indian innings in the first test between england and india at lords on 25th july 2011.

Bun

Banned
crazysah u won't find such data for matches say prior to 90 (or more precisely pre cricinfo) since ball by ball records werent there'

I think the best source is cricnfo only. glad to be corrected thugh.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
crazysah u won't find such data for matches say prior to 90 (or more precisely pre cricinfo) since ball by ball records werent there'

I think the best source is cricnfo only. glad to be corrected thugh.
I don't think ball-by-ball data exists before 2000 or so (though that could be attempted from the footages).

For example, I saw the Sehwag-Steyn data quoted somewhere some day (how many Steyn balls Sehwag has faced, how many runs he scored in them, and how many times he got out to Steyn). I don't think that kind of data is available for Lara-McGrath for example. The best that is done is quoting Lara's records in the games where McGrath played (which is quite different in nature to the Sehwag-Steyn data I'm suggesting, for obvious reasons).

Last edited: