• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"It's England v India, but not in a good way"

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Harsha Bhogle is a ****ing tool so I won't be wasting 30 seconds of my life by clicking that link.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harsha Bhogle is actually Cevno

I believe India had a very valid point on the DRS: that ball-tracking with normal-speed cameras is not much good, and that - as even the opinion of the head of Virtual Eye bore out - we might be better off without it. But India is never very keen to explain its stand, preferring instead to make its point of view known to the world through terse statements.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just an awful, self-serving, whinging article. The gist seems to be the BCCI behaves like bullies because the English expect them too.

& Virtual Eye's inventor reckons a competing system that tracks the ball isn't much good? **** me, who ever would thought it? What next? Pepsi's CEO thinks Coke is a bit ****?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I still don't know why that has any negative connotations compared to old money where your grand-daddy gives you everything.

Last edited:

Bun

Banned
Just an awful, self-serving, whinging article. The gist seems to be the BCCI behaves like bullies because the English expect them too.

& Virtual Eye's inventor reckons a competing system that tracks the ball isn't much good? **** me, who ever would thought it? What next? Pepsi's CEO thinks Coke is a bit ****?
no Brumby, its more like pepsi ceo saying colas are not that great for health

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

TBF, taking a competitor's word is no better than taking a corporations own word about their product...I don't see why you should doubt or believe one but not the other. They both have a certain agenda. I'm the biggest fan of the technology but I would also like to see their testing data released in order to quiet the opposition.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Virtualeye claim that all ball tracking technology can't be trusted on the predictive element, including their own.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TBF, taking a competitor's word is no better than taking a corporations own word about their product...I don't see why you should doubt or believe one but not the other. They both have a certain agenda. I'm the biggest fan of the technology but I would also like to see their testing data released in order to quiet the opposition.
Way to miss the point; Bogle was using it as evidence to support his contention India were right to be suspicious of the predictive part of the UDRS.

My gist was the inventor of Virtual Eye is hardly a disinterested party, so his opinions have to be treated with a grain of salt.