• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in Zimbabwe

James

Cricket Web Owner

Sat Jul 30 - Mon Aug 1
Zimbabwe XI v Bangladeshis
Harare Sports Club

Thu Aug 4 - Mon Aug 8
Only Test - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Harare Sports Club

Fri Aug 12
1st ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Harare Sports Club

Sun Aug 14
2nd ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Harare Sports Club

Tue Aug 16
3rd ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Harare Sports Club

Fri Aug 19
4th ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

Sun Aug 21
5th ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Why can't they have a 5 test match series. They want everyone else to play them in a 3 test match series yet they only play each other in a single test match. I hope it was Zimbos who backed out of the idea of having multiple tests and not Bangers. And I hope that Zimbos only make us play one test against them for consistency reasons.

BlazeDragon

Banned
I just love this minnow rivalry thing they got going on. Hope they both actually get somewhere this time though. They both seriously need to improve.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bangladesh's first Test match for over a year - pretty crazy really. I know Zim has been longer, but for different reasons.

My first Test team.
1 Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Junaid Siddique
4. Shuvagoto Hom
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mahmudullah
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Nasir Hossain
9. Shafiul Islam
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Rubel Hossain

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh's first Test match for over a year - pretty crazy really. I know Zim has been longer, but for different reasons.

My first Test team.
1 Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Junaid Siddique
4. Shuvagoto Hom
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mahmudullah
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Nasir Hossain
9. Shafiul Islam
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Shafiul Islam
What has happened to Hossain

Athlai

Not Terrible
Reckon Shafiul will trouble Zimbabwe, but I have a feeling he won't be quite as important as NUFAN makes out.

Isn't quite 2 players imo.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Reckon Shafiul will trouble Zimbabwe, but I have a feeling he won't be quite as important as NUFAN makes out.

Isn't quite 2 players imo.
:laugh: I'll change that now, Rubel in at 11? He'll be looking to get his average down a bit, currently at 83.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah it'll be Rubel. Interesting to see both Naeem and Rasel are listed as reserves instead of in the squad though. I reckon the only way your side may be wrong is if they work Ashraful back in there or want Nafees to go in ahead of Siddique.

Ashraful might even be used as an allrounder considering his bowling form.

It'll be interesting to see who the new coach will back in the team.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Ashraful is in with a good chance of playing, I just couldn't bring myself to include him. I've never seen Shuvagoto play. so it's risky to include him based on his statz.

What Zim team are we expecting? I'm a big fan of Brendan Taylor, I hope he does well.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Why can't they have a 5 test match series. They want everyone else to play them in a 3 test match series yet they only play each other in a single test match. I hope it was Zimbos who backed out of the idea of having multiple tests and not Bangers. And I hope that Zimbos only make us play one test against them for consistency reasons.
The reason for that might be because the Zimbos are coming back to Test cricket after a long time and hence the ICC is not sure how they would cope up with Test cricket.
Once they show some improvement, they might ponder having more tests in future.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
If you're talking about the Zim-NZ test matches, they are one off tests both in Zim and in NZ.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
What Zim team are we expecting? I'm a big fan of Brendan Taylor, I hope he does well.
(1) Sibanda (2) ??? (3) H Masakadza (4) Taylor(c) (5) Ervine (6) Taibu/Chakabva(wk) (7) Chigumbura (8) Meth (9) Price (10) Mpofu (11) Vitori. This is the best I could come up with. As for the keeper, Taibu should be fit when Bangladesh come, but if he isn't then Chakabva comes in at 6. As for Vusi's partner upfront, noone has really done enough to be guaranteed a spot. Mawoyo has been tried out and has mainly done the job of seeing the new ball off against Aus A. Sikander Raza-Butt and Terry Duffin are possible candidates for that slot, but I just get the feeling that Mawoyo will get the first shot.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wouldn't pick Mpofu for Tests. There must be a proper seam-up bowler they can use? Mpofu is barely even medium pace.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cheers Nigel. Are Rainsford and Cremer both currently available for selection? I like both of them, no idea how either have been performing domestically recently though.

Hurricane, did Mpofu actually end up doing the interview? I'm still yet to see it..

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Cheers Nigel. Are Rainsford and Cremer both currently available for selection? I like both of them, no idea how either have been performing domestically recently though.

Both Cremer and Rainsford are nursing injuries and will probably not be fit for the games against Bangladesh. Mpofu is currently the leader of the attack. He might not be express pace, but thanks to Streak's involvement he has improved in accuracy and his out swing is more consistent. There are other guys who are quicker than Mpofu, Kyle Jarvis who can touch 145 kph consistently and there is also Shingi Masakadza who can touch the 137-140 kph, but both are very inaccurate and often have high economy rates. Brian Vitori is likely to be Mpofu's new ball partner despite his inexperience and Keegan Meth will be the third seamer Price the lone spinner and Chigumbura will bowl his medium pacers.