• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Praveen Kumar - Respect

Teja.

Global Moderator
With your best bowler gone, You'd expect the bowler with 100 tests under his belt or atleast the pacer with 30+ tests to step up and deliver but instead we have a young pacer who's playing his 4th test basically single-handedly making sure a repeat of South Africa did not happen. Incredibly mature performance from him and he's impressed in every test he has played so far.

5-107 is nothing to laugh at but it doesn't do justice to the consistency he has maintained over the last two days. Him taking a 5-fer at Lords felt so good after backing him for a test spot for 3 years. When you can put in efforts like this, who cares if you can't bowl at 90 mph. Hero.

Here's hoping that he has a great test career.

Statwatch:- 17 wickets @ 21 in 4 matches along with holding the bowling together and always holding up one end.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowled very well. Good call by those who backed him without any reservations. Could have had Pietersen as well if Dravid had been standing a touch closer at leg slip.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Won't ever be a superstar but looks like he should be a pretty decent option who'll have his occasional game where he makes opposition lineups look foolish.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, will have to have some humble pie here. Has been a genuinely herculean effort from the suspiciously aged-looking twenty four year old today.

When he gets it wrong he looks so awful I still can't quite bring myself to say I was wrong, but has gone a lot better than I thought possible based on what I saw of him in the Caribbean.

Dissector

International Debutant
Yeah a most impressive performance. Even if he hadn't taken 5 wickets, his ability to bowl long spells while keeping things reasonably tight is very valuable to India given how often Zaheer gets injured and how woeful both Ishant and Sree are in these situations. This test definitely establishes him as a test pick ahead of either of them.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
tbf to praveen he's been bowling a tad faster in england.

in west indies he was around 75-77
over here he's been 78-81

yesterday he was inaccurate but today he rectified his mistake

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, he'd slowed (understandably) by the end of England's innings today, but I saw him crack 80mph a couple of times yesterday and I honestly didn't think he was capable.

Still think Dhoni stands way too deep to him tho.

Jacknife

International Captain
That is a surprise, 24 years old, wouldn't have guessed that.
Fair play to the lad, he stuck at it and took on a big work load, while his bowling team mates, looked a bit clueless.

slowfinger

International Debutant
The guy knows how to bowl. He swings it both ways consistently and controls it. His pitch map is awesome and can trouble KP, when hes loooking tough aswell...
Respect, he should go far.