• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any Correlations Between These Two?

Crazysah

Cricket Spectator
Hello,

Is there any correlation between a captain losing a toss and his batting average? I believe it is true that captains don't score much when they lose a toss rather than when they win a toss.

Also, maybe a correlation between losing a toss as a captian and not taking any wickets?

Crazysah

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I believe theres a correlation between your batting average and the length of your dick

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ricky Ponting averaged 14% more when he wins the toss, whereas intereestingly enough Steve Waugh averaged 7% less for when he correctly called.

If we look back through history, overall 'batting' captains have an 8% improvement when they win the toss.

If we look over the bowling captains over the years it is the opposite. Dan Vettori averaged 5.6% worse when he won the toss compared to his overall record, and Shaun Pollock's stats suffered a staggering 12% when he won the toss, and took 16% less wickets.

Crazysah

Cricket Spectator
Wow. That is a bit of a steep decline when not winning the toss. So it does confirm my research in the past few days that winning the toss is crucial to the captain's individual performance. Any other captains with significant declines?

Howe_zat

Audio File
How does that compare with the overall effect of your team losing the toss - i.e. having the conditions put against you? Is it really that exaggerated for captains?

I would think opening batsmen and bowlers would generally lose or gain the most based on the toss.

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't really see the point of these kinds of correlationtbh, what insight do you get out of this? you might as well find a correlation between the winner of the toss and the size of their pyjamas

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ricky Ponting averaged 14% more when he wins the toss, whereas intereestingly enough Steve Waugh averaged 7% less for when he correctly called.

If we look back through history, overall 'batting' captains have an 8% improvement when they win the toss.

If we look over the bowling captains over the years it is the opposite. Dan Vettori averaged 5.6% worse when he won the toss compared to his overall record, and Shaun Pollock's stats suffered a staggering 12% when he won the toss, and took 16% less wickets.
Stats when Ponting won the toss.
And when he lost it.

Yes, I was very, very bored...