• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

List of Cricket Players By Type

Crazysah

Cricket Spectator
Hello,

Is there anywhere I can get a list of all the players who played cricket and are currently playing cricket sorted by type of player?

Meaning a list of all the left arm bowlers? Left arm fast bowlers? Left arm spin bowlers? Left are chinamen? Right arm fast bowlers? And so on...
Also, left handed batsmen and right handed batsmen.

I don't need the statistics about these players. Just what they bowl and bat and be able to sort them out.

Crazysah

Crazysah

Cricket Spectator
Where on it there can I do it? I've looked at that site but couldn't find anything regarding what I wanted.
Also, I need to be able to download it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Go to Statsguru. Pick whether you want batting, bowling, allround, team or partnership records, then click "advanced fliter". You can filter the players you want by type there.

Spark

Global Moderator
There must surely be an easier way to do it. Ask Prince EWS or 8ankitj, I'm pretty sure they have access to the big statistical databases (although you just need names) you're looking for.

Of course, you could just do a blanket search on cricketarchive.com

Crazysah

Cricket Spectator
It's only text, just copypasta.
Yeah, if I do that, it doesn't come up properly in Excel. Any suggestions?

There must surely be an easier way to do it. Ask Prince EWS or 8ankitj, I'm pretty sure they have access to the big statistical databases (although you just need names) you're looking for.

Of course, you could just do a blanket search on cricketarchive.com
I tried doing a blanket search on cricketarchive.com but got nothing. I guess I'll have to ask some other people.

I already have a database of stats. I just need the type of cricketer each player is. So I need a list of that and to be able to put it in excel and then sort it out.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'd definitely get in touch with Prince EWS then, I'm fairly sure he has that info lying around in nice neat databse form.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only one way to do this. Everyone name a right handed batsman until we list every one who has ever played cricket. Then we'll go on to left handed.

I'll start:

1. Martin Love.