• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

List of Cricket Players By Type

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
Hello,

Is there anywhere I can get a list of all the players who played cricket and are currently playing cricket sorted by type of player?

Meaning a list of all the left arm bowlers? Left arm fast bowlers? Left arm spin bowlers? Left are chinamen? Right arm fast bowlers? And so on...
Also, left handed batsmen and right handed batsmen.

I don't need the statistics about these players. Just what they bowl and bat and be able to sort them out.

Crazysah
There's only one each of these

Right Underarm
Right arm chucker

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah, if I do that, it doesn't come up properly in Excel. Any suggestions?

I tried doing a blanket search on cricketarchive.com but got nothing. I guess I'll have to ask some other people.

I already have a database of stats. I just need the type of cricketer each player is. So I need a list of that and to be able to put it in excel and then sort it out.
Use paste special and "values" and it should come out fine so long as you have copied the whole table and not just part thereof.

bagapath

International Captain
Only one way to do this. Everyone name a right handed batsman until we list every one who has ever played cricket. Then we'll go on to left handed.

I'll start:

1. Martin Love.
ha ha ha ha ha .

i will start with right hand batsmen and left hand bowlers.

ravi shastri
bishan singh bedi

left hand batsmen and right hand bowlers

clive lloyd
richard hadlee
saurav ganguly
adam gilchrist
andy flower

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
ha ha ha ha ha .

i will start with right hand batsmen and left hand bowlers.

ravi shastri
bishan singh bedi

left hand batsmen and right hand bowlers

clive lloyd
richard hadlee
saurav ganguly
adam gilchrist
andy flower
I'll start right hand batsmen, right arm medium pace bowler and right arm legspin bowler:
Sydney Barnes

Also, left hand batsman, left arm fast bowler and left arm spin bowler:
Garry Sobers

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'll start right hand batsmen, right arm medium pace bowler and right arm legspin bowler:
Sydney Barnes

Also, left hand batsman, left arm fast bowler and left arm spin bowler:
Garry Sobers
Right hand batsman, wicketkeeper and competent leg spinner:
Tim Zoehrer

Crazysah

Cricket Spectator
This thread is going nowhere. Can no one actually help me with what I need? Which is a concrete database?

Redbacks

International Captain
I need it for some research I'm doing on a future cricket book.
I tried a while back using Excel to get the data to a spreadsheet but it ended up being unformatted to the point where I had to write a marco to sort it into columns etc. Thus can be a pain in the ****.

However just like letting you get to data in an Access table, you can use 'get data' in excel to pull information from a table on the interned.

I have Office 2010. Went to Data on the top ribbon, then selected From Web and you get a seach engine view. Go to statsguru and make sure you choose Statsguru 2.0 and this worked for me whilst the former gave junk. Do your search and once you have the table you want, the black arrow on yellow back ground in the top left hand corner lets you select the table. Select Import, then you are taken back to the worksheet where you choose 1 cell for the start of the data and 'hey presto' all the data formatted into seperate cells and in order should be imported.