• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Harris

Hughesy1991

Cricket Spectator
Anyone surprised he hasnt been considered for test selection? has been bowling well this season and picking up wickets.

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
Talented lad and, at 21, would like to be talked about in selection terms. He's put together a couple of good seasons now and can bat a bit but...

he's playing second division cricket...
looks like he was out bowled by others on the Lions tour...
and there's a lot of good English seamers around at the moment.

If the selectors like what they saw in the Windies then expect an ODI squad call-up. If not, I guess the silence will mean he has to step up a level or two I reckon.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We have a great bowling unit at present and it will be difficult to break into that, obviously he has talent but i would imagine he is about 10th in line at present. he'd probably walk into over half the rest of the test sides though so it shows the depth we have.

Hughesy1991

Cricket Spectator
Personally i think he should be around about 6th in the pecking order, imo hes a better bowler than the likes of Dernbach, Shazhad or Woakes, well in the longer format of the game certainly.

1/ Anderson
2/ Tremlett
3/ Bresnan
4/ Broad
5/ Finn
6/ Harris/Onions
7/ Shazhad
8/ Dernbach
9/ Woakes

Thoughts?

Jacknife

International Captain
Talented lad and, at 21, would like to be talked about in selection terms. He's put together a couple of good seasons now and can bat a bit but...

he's playing second division cricket...
looks like he was out bowled by others on the Lions tour...
and there's a lot of good English seamers around at the moment.

If the selectors like what they saw in the Windies then expect an ODI squad call-up. If not, I guess the silence will mean he has to step up a level or two I reckon.
IMO that's one of the main reason's, he's not moved up as quickly, as say Finn and Dernbach and even to a certain extent Woakes.
He's got very good, first class stats but then again, Woakes has even better and his wickets are in the First Division. In some ways he's very similar to Woakes, in that he seems to lack a yard of pace and does similar things with the ball.
It would be good, to see him bowl, in the first division, against better batsmen but the only way he may be able to do that, is with a move to another County.
He's still only 21 and has lots of developing to do and I'm sure he'll get a chance sooner or later, as long as he keeps improving the way he is.

FBU

International Debutant
Personally i think he should be around about 6th in the pecking order, imo hes a better bowler than the likes of Dernbach, Shazhad or Woakes, well in the longer format of the game certainly.

1/ Anderson
2/ Tremlett
3/ Bresnan
4/ Broad
5/ Finn
6/ Harris/Onions
7/ Shazhad
8/ Dernbach
9/ Woakes

Thoughts?
At the moment, but it just takes one Lions match for that to change again. When Broad and Bresnan were injured, Woakes was having trouble with his shins and Shahzad was out of sorts, Dernbach was called up to the Test side, all on the back of what he did in the West Indies. Harris should be called up for the Lions again and needs to outshine the other bowlers.

Anderson
Tremlett
Broad
Bresnan
Finn
Shahzad
Dernbach
Woakes
Onions
Harris

In the West Indies

24.0-7-55-4 wickets at 13.75 econ 2.29 s/r 36.0 - Bopara