• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best allround fielder ever?

Who is the best all-round fielder ever?

• Total voters

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ponting for me. He was brilliant in every position he fielded, hardly ever dropped any, had an amazing throwing arm and I'm pretty sure he affected more rumours with direct hits than anyone else in history.
Just look at this video of some of his best catches... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U423wOQVM2c&desktop_uri=/watch?v=U423wOQVM2c

Some in the slips, a couple at point, one at short mud wicket, one at short leg, one at silly point (probably the best catch I've ever seen) and a skier in the outfield. Phenomenal.

Last edited:

Hooksey

Banned
I hear from my dad and his mates that Clive Lloyd was the an absolutely amazing fielder. Possibly the fastest mover across the ground in the game.
Lloyd was an amazing fieldsman until he injured his back. He played a season in Australia for South Melbourne years ago and the batsmen weren't game to run when the ball went anywhere near the Big Cat.