• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Intelligent Cricketer

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Who do you think is currently the most intelligent cricketer or the most intelligent cricketer of all time.

At the moment I think Sanga is one of the more intelligent cricketers around.

Bun

Banned
''His unparallelled intelligence rivalled only by hi unquenched thirst for conquering new lands''

Last edited:

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
At the moment :-

Dhoni as a captain - His moves are genius.

Swann as a Bowler - Has brains.

Jayawaredene as a Batsmen - Cool customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall : ImRan!

Last edited:

jan

State Vice-Captain
Cant really say about cricket intelligence - if thats what the OP means - but generally Id say Imran Khan is a very intelligent and refined guy.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's a fantastic trivia question - had no idea he played professional (?) cricket, even if for two matches.
I'm 99% sure Samuel would've been strictly amateur. Back in the day other universities' games against the counties had FC status beside Cambridge & Oxford's.

What is interesting is that by the time Beckett played Ireland was independent and yet cricket still had enough of a following for Dublin University to be given games against the counties. I only say this because the Gaelic Athletic Association isn't known for its welcoming attitude to quote-unquote "English" sports. Croke Park, the beating heart of the GAA, didn't open its gates to rugby until 2006.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I'd say Shane Warne had the highest 'cricket IQ'. Off the field another matter obv

Murali a possibility too. Both used tactical planning more than anyone else I'd guess