View Poll Results: Does Pankaj Singh deserve to play for India currently??

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 72.22%
  • No

    5 27.78%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 131
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Pankaj Singh

  1. #1
    U19 Vice-Captain Anku31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Haryana,India
    Posts
    528

    Icon4 Pankaj Singh

    Have a look at his stats.
    Pankaj Singh | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

    Aren't these excellent for an Indian pace bowler? He was the top wicket taker last season (51 wickets in 10 FC games) on spin dominated Indian tracks & was a major reason behind Rajasthan's triumph in Ranji Trophy.
    He was selected in Indian squad for the 2007-08 Australian tour,but didn't get a chance to play any match.He played his debut & only match match in Zimbabwe tri-series last year.
    What a pity.Only a single match till now for such an impressive bowler.
    He is quite tall & can make use of bouncy tracks outside the sub-continent.
    Abhimanyu Mithun wasn't that impressive last season but i don't know why the selectors still opted for him instead of the top wicket-taker Pankaj Singh.
    He is at his best currently & the selectors didn't even pick him in the emerging players tournament squad.They even picked Anirudh Srikkant.This is so disgusting.
    cricdiary.wordpress.com

    My dream & the greatest XI ever.
    A.Gilchrist (wk),S.Tendulkar (c),J.Kallis,A.Flower,J.Rhodes,C.Cairns,L.Klusener ,H.Streak,S.Pollock,S.Mushtaq,S.Bond

  2. #2
    International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,884
    Can't really judge without footage mate
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

  3. #3
    U19 Vice-Captain Anku31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Haryana,India
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Opener View Post
    Can't really judge without footage mate
    Yups.True.But the problem is that even the IPL teams have very much lesser interest in him.He played for Rajasthan Royals in IPL 4 but got a single match only.
    In IPL 3,he was with the RCB & played a few matches in the last rounds & was quite impressive.You can try searching for his videos on youtube,playing for RCB.

  4. #4
    U19 Vice-Captain Anku31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Haryana,India
    Posts
    528


  5. #5
    U19 Vice-Captain Anku31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Haryana,India
    Posts
    528
    And another.But can't find any real impressive wicket-taking delivery.
    YouTube - ‪Pankaj Singh to Naman Ojha‬‏

  6. #6
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    506
    Well, can't go entirely by his stats alone - he has played almost all his FC games in the Ranji plate league. Though, to be fair to him, they are a whole lot better than what Sreeshant has achieved, playing in the same league.

    Agree that he has got a raw deal - he should have got a chance to prove himself in the emerging players tournament. One can't help feeling that if he had played for Srini's Chennai Super Kings rather than Modi's Rajasthan Royals, his would have been one of the earlier names in the list.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,739
    Yeah, he's definitely got a raw deal. He was in the squad and got dropped without actually playing a game, and has since done everything you could expect of him domestically only to be leapfrogged by several bowlers of very questionable credentials. Seeing Zaheer, Sreesanth, Praveen, Sharma and Munaf ahead of him is fair enough but the reasons behind Mithun, Unadkat and Yadav jumping the queue ahead of him before he even got a chance to play will always be a mystery to me. Perhaps Dhoni really took a set against his attitude or his character when he was in the team setup.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  8. #8
    U19 Vice-Captain Anku31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Haryana,India
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Borges View Post
    Well, can't go entirely by his stats alone - he has played almost all his FC games in the Ranji plate league. Though, to be fair to him, they are a whole lot better than what Sreeshant has achieved, playing in the same league.

    Agree that he has got a raw deal - he should have got a chance to prove himself in the emerging players tournament. One can't help feeling that if he had played for Srini's Chennai Super Kings rather than Modi's Rajasthan Royals, his would have been one of the earlier names in the list.
    Yeah.I wonder why a captain like Warne didn't give him more chances?
    And yes,so dissapointing act by the selectors in the emerging players tournament.If the season's top bowler can't get a place,then who should!

  9. #9
    U19 Vice-Captain Anku31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Haryana,India
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah, he's definitely got a raw deal. He was in the squad and got dropped without actually playing a game, and has since done everything you could expect of him domestically only to be leapfrogged by several bowlers of very questionable credentials. Seeing Zaheer, Sreesanth, Praveen, Sharma and Munaf ahead of him is fair enough but the reasons behind Mithun, Unadkat and Yadav jumping the queue ahead of him before he even got a chance to play will always be a mystery to me. Perhaps Dhoni really took a set against his attitude or his character when he was in the team setup.
    Yeah.Even Unadkat with negligible FC experience got a chance.

  10. #10
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Anku31 View Post
    Yeah.I wonder why a captain like Warne didn't give him more chances?
    Could be that Warne didn't think he's good enough?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member Cevno's Avatar
    Simon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    15,850
    Bowling in the IPL and FC/Tests is completely different ,tbf

  12. #12
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Bowling in the IPL and FC/Tests is completely different ,tbf
    Yup. Would be good for India if a certain Harbhajan Singh realized it.

  13. #13
    International Captain ankitj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad India
    Posts
    6,181
    Pankaj Singh doesn't sound like a name that should belong to a very good fast bowler. Should change his name, tbh.

  14. #14
    State Vice-Captain kingpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Pankaj Singh doesn't sound like a name that should belong to a very good fast bowler. Should change his name, tbh.
    lol!!!Shud change to Atul singh or pankaj sharma!!
    Love You India

  15. #15
    U19 Vice-Captain Anku31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Haryana,India
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Could be that Warne didn't think he's good enough?
    This can't be a reason.He performed so well for RCB in IPL3.He was simply ignored TBH.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Harbhajan reignites racism storm
    By Richard in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1316
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 02:21 PM
  2. Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh fired
    By kingkallis in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 17-10-2009, 10:50 AM
  3. Gagandeep Singh Shot Dead
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 15-10-2009, 04:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •