• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pankaj Singh

Does Pankaj Singh deserve to play for India currently??

• Total voters

Shri

Mr. Glass
Willow TV seems to have complained. I don't believe he's a world beater, but he's defintely the best India have, and definitely worth the dollops of chances that Jadeja, Ashwin and Bhuvneshwar have got. Definitely a sensible choice, from what we have in India. Definitely more practical than, say, Umesh or Aaron.
Idiotic point. Ashwin hasn't got enough chances in away tests if anything. Pankaj is good but he isn't so good that he will take 90+ wickets in 15-20 tests at home which Ashwin has. A few comparisons:

Kumble's away record in his first 2 years

1 game at an average of 56! Clearly he shouldn't have played ever again for India! Notice how stupid I sound?(I mean more than usual)

Harbhajan's away record in his first two years

Ashwin's away record so far

Has faced only the toughest opponents of his time and still has more wickets compared to what Kumble and Singh achieved in their early years. This whole deal about him not deserving his place in the side is ****ing stupid and tiresome. He could have improved his record if he had played against NZ and Dhoni dropped him just when his easiest opponents came along. Now he will again average over 50 in England and people will say I told you so and they will continue to be idiots.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
daemon wac. i liked the posts before i tried to watch them.

bit hard to draw any conclusions from a couple of IPL balls. by his description though it sounds like he's worth a go. not like the others are setting the world alight.
Use a US proxy or download that add on that someone suggested the other day. "Hola Better Internet" and set it to US on youtube. Works great.

Especially more useful for me because certain adult sites are blocked in Singapore..

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Idiotic point. Ashwin hasn't got enough chances in away tests if anything. Pankaj is good but he isn't so good that he will take 90+ wickets in 15-20 tests at home which Ashwin has. A few comparisons:

Kumble's away record in his first 2 years

1 game at an average of 56! Clearly he shouldn't have played ever again for India! Notice how stupid I sound?(I mean more than usual)

Harbhajan's away record in his first two years

Ashwin's away record so far

Has faced only the toughest opponents of his time and still has more wickets compared to what Kumble and Singh achieved in their early years. This whole deal about him not deserving his place in the side is ****ing stupid and tiresome. He could have improved his record if he had played against NZ and Dhoni dropped him just when his easiest opponents came along. Now he will again average over 50 in England and people will say I told you so and they will continue to be idiots.
Look at the bigger picture- let's extend that list to Raina, Rahane (his figures across 23 ODIs are dreadful) and Ishant. We're talking of an absolute number of games across formats. These players have been given ample chances, despite very poor results over time, and a few (Ashwin, not yet, but hopefully) have had these honeymoon phases that have cemented their places in the side despite prolonged slumps that followed and mediocre figures overall. Even if we let Ashwin stay, Pankaj could have been given as many chances as one of the other players, surely? Having stayed in the system for seven seasons, turned up for India A and never chased ICL, never tried to break IPL contracts for bigger money, never bribed for a place in the team (like Abhijit Kale ended up doing) or faked his age, having stayed completely legitimate, it's not funny if he's not getting a game for India. We're seeing some age-cheats in the fray for an India cap, repeatedly, mostly on youth- one was spotted by a senior journalist, and thankfully is not even in the probables for selection.
poor chap didn't get picked in the IPL....had a base price of Rs.30,00,000
Yet journalists complained about players unsold after starting on excessive base prices. Samit Patel comes to mind.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Look at the bigger picture- let's extend that list to Raina, Rahane (his figures across 23 ODIs are dreadful) and Ishant. We're talking of an absolute number of games across formats. These players have been given ample chances, despite very poor results over time, and a few (Ashwin, not yet, but hopefully) have had these honeymoon phases that have cemented their places in the side despite prolonged slumps that followed and mediocre figures overall. Even if we let Ashwin stay, Pankaj could have been given as many chances as one of the other players, surely? Having stayed in the system for seven seasons, turned up for India A and never chased ICL, never tried to break IPL contracts for bigger money, never bribed for a place in the team (like Abhijit Kale ended up doing) or faked his age, having stayed completely legitimate, it's not funny if he's not getting a game for India. We're seeing some age-cheats in the fray for an India cap, repeatedly, mostly on youth- one was spotted by a senior journalist, and thankfully is not even in the probables for selection.
Yet journalists complained about players unsold after starting on excessive base prices. Samit Patel comes to mind.
Soooo, not being a ****ing cheat is what you are looking for in a player after domestic performances? The thing is you have a simple, legit point to make that would have everyone agree with you. Just say he should be in the test side ahead of Ishant and we will all say "Aye!" and move on. But this roundabout **** of ripping on players when you have nothing more than what ifs is pathetic and you are better than that.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope he gets another go :(

Ishant remains injured so hopefully he gets picked and the ****ing slips and umpires do their jobs.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bowled very well, totally without luck. Will do well at OT if picked, hope Shami stays in the side.