View Poll Results: Does Pankaj Singh deserve to play for India currently??

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 72.22%
  • No

    5 27.78%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 131 of 131
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Pankaj Singh

  1. #121
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Willow TV seems to have complained. I don't believe he's a world beater, but he's defintely the best India have, and definitely worth the dollops of chances that Jadeja, Ashwin and Bhuvneshwar have got. Definitely a sensible choice, from what we have in India. Definitely more practical than, say, Umesh or Aaron.
    Idiotic point. Ashwin hasn't got enough chances in away tests if anything. Pankaj is good but he isn't so good that he will take 90+ wickets in 15-20 tests at home which Ashwin has. A few comparisons:

    Kumble's away record in his first 2 years

    1 game at an average of 56! Clearly he shouldn't have played ever again for India! Notice how stupid I sound?(I mean more than usual)

    Harbhajan's away record in his first two years

    Ashwin's away record so far

    Has faced only the toughest opponents of his time and still has more wickets compared to what Kumble and Singh achieved in their early years. This whole deal about him not deserving his place in the side is ****ing stupid and tiresome. He could have improved his record if he had played against NZ and Dhoni dropped him just when his easiest opponents came along. Now he will again average over 50 in England and people will say I told you so and they will continue to be idiots.

  2. #122
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    daemon wac. i liked the posts before i tried to watch them.

    bit hard to draw any conclusions from a couple of IPL balls. by his description though it sounds like he's worth a go. not like the others are setting the world alight.
    Use a US proxy or download that add on that someone suggested the other day. "Hola Better Internet" and set it to US on youtube. Works great.

    Especially more useful for me because certain adult sites are blocked in Singapore..

  3. #123
    Cricket Spectator sambha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    33
    poor chap didn't get picked in the IPL....had a base price of Rs.30,00,000

  4. #124
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Idiotic point. Ashwin hasn't got enough chances in away tests if anything. Pankaj is good but he isn't so good that he will take 90+ wickets in 15-20 tests at home which Ashwin has. A few comparisons:

    Kumble's away record in his first 2 years

    1 game at an average of 56! Clearly he shouldn't have played ever again for India! Notice how stupid I sound?(I mean more than usual)

    Harbhajan's away record in his first two years

    Ashwin's away record so far

    Has faced only the toughest opponents of his time and still has more wickets compared to what Kumble and Singh achieved in their early years. This whole deal about him not deserving his place in the side is ****ing stupid and tiresome. He could have improved his record if he had played against NZ and Dhoni dropped him just when his easiest opponents came along. Now he will again average over 50 in England and people will say I told you so and they will continue to be idiots.
    Look at the bigger picture- let's extend that list to Raina, Rahane (his figures across 23 ODIs are dreadful) and Ishant. We're talking of an absolute number of games across formats. These players have been given ample chances, despite very poor results over time, and a few (Ashwin, not yet, but hopefully) have had these honeymoon phases that have cemented their places in the side despite prolonged slumps that followed and mediocre figures overall. Even if we let Ashwin stay, Pankaj could have been given as many chances as one of the other players, surely? Having stayed in the system for seven seasons, turned up for India A and never chased ICL, never tried to break IPL contracts for bigger money, never bribed for a place in the team (like Abhijit Kale ended up doing) or faked his age, having stayed completely legitimate, it's not funny if he's not getting a game for India. We're seeing some age-cheats in the fray for an India cap, repeatedly, mostly on youth- one was spotted by a senior journalist, and thankfully is not even in the probables for selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by sambha View Post
    poor chap didn't get picked in the IPL....had a base price of Rs.30,00,000
    Yet journalists complained about players unsold after starting on excessive base prices. Samit Patel comes to mind.
    Last edited by Arjun; 20-02-2014 at 04:49 AM.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

    Twenty20 used to be boring.

    Sponsored...by...nothing!!!


  5. #125
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Look at the bigger picture- let's extend that list to Raina, Rahane (his figures across 23 ODIs are dreadful) and Ishant. We're talking of an absolute number of games across formats. These players have been given ample chances, despite very poor results over time, and a few (Ashwin, not yet, but hopefully) have had these honeymoon phases that have cemented their places in the side despite prolonged slumps that followed and mediocre figures overall. Even if we let Ashwin stay, Pankaj could have been given as many chances as one of the other players, surely? Having stayed in the system for seven seasons, turned up for India A and never chased ICL, never tried to break IPL contracts for bigger money, never bribed for a place in the team (like Abhijit Kale ended up doing) or faked his age, having stayed completely legitimate, it's not funny if he's not getting a game for India. We're seeing some age-cheats in the fray for an India cap, repeatedly, mostly on youth- one was spotted by a senior journalist, and thankfully is not even in the probables for selection.
    Yet journalists complained about players unsold after starting on excessive base prices. Samit Patel comes to mind.
    Soooo, not being a ****ing cheat is what you are looking for in a player after domestic performances? The thing is you have a simple, legit point to make that would have everyone agree with you. Just say he should be in the test side ahead of Ishant and we will all say "Aye!" and move on. But this roundabout **** of ripping on players when you have nothing more than what ifs is pathetic and you are better than that.
    CricAddict likes this.

  6. #126
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,369
    Here's a video of Pankaj Singh's six-wicket haul against Karnataka, the Ranji and eventual Irani champs. In all of his six wicket-taking deliveries, he's bowled decently fast (only one under 130K), got good bounce, maintained good seam position and bowled wicket to wicket. Managed to cramp the Karnataka batsmen on a pitch where they scored over 600. Hardly a 120k trundler who releases the ball gently.

  7. #127
    International Vice-Captain OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    4,126
    Hope he gets another go

    Ishant remains injured so hopefully he gets picked and the ****ing slips and umpires do their jobs.

  8. #128
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,463
    people talking about India in 2011 brings back so many good memories
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

  9. #129
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    in my room
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    people talking about India in 2011 brings back so many good memories
    Didn't realise you cherished India's WC win so much.
    Rangana Herath : World's best spinner.
    Pakistan last series win : January 2012
    Pakistan last overseas series win : January 2011

  10. #130
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,323
    Bowled very well, totally without luck. Will do well at OT if picked, hope Shami stays in the side.

  11. #131
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
    Didn't realise you cherished India's WC win so much.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Harbhajan reignites racism storm
    By Richard in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1316
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 02:21 PM
  2. Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh fired
    By kingkallis in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 17-10-2009, 10:50 AM
  3. Gagandeep Singh Shot Dead
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 15-10-2009, 04:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •