View Poll Results: Does Pankaj Singh deserve to play for India currently??

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 72.22%
  • No

5 27.78%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Pankaj Singh

Quote Originally Posted by shankar View Post
    Perhaps Pankaj Singh paid for that outburst.
    Awana had two five-fors in consecutive matches and a score of 70 with the bat. Pankaj didn't come out to bowl until later in the second day, and Rajasthan missed the previous round, on a break.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Awana had two five-fors in consecutive matches and a score of 70 with the bat. Pankaj didn't come out to bowl until later in the second day, and Rajasthan missed the previous round, on a break.
    Ahh. But he has been performing consistently for much longer than Awana, no?

Quote Originally Posted by shankar View Post
    Ahh. But he has been performing consistently for much longer than Awana, no?
    Better record over a longer period of time and has been more prolific in recent seasons. Awana has pretty much nothing going for him over Pankaj.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yadav looks test class. Or very close to it.
    I'll take your word for it. Last I saw him was in Australia where he looked raw, potentially very exciting but not yet ready for this level.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    zaheer khan is finished guys. he's what 34/35 and has been slow for the past 2 yrs and therefore ineffective.
    Fairly sure he was quicker than Anderson and Broad in Mumbai. I dont know how hes bowled any worse than any of the other Indian bowlers to be honest, in the right conditions he'd still be dangerous.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    Fairly sure he was quicker than Anderson and Broad in Mumbai. I dont know how hes bowled any worse than any of the other Indian bowlers to be honest, in the right conditions he'd still be dangerous.
    Absolutely. He's bowling better than he did in the NZ series and is quick enough to be effective if he can get the ball swinging/reversing.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I'll take your word for it. Last I saw him was in Australia where he looked raw, potentially very exciting but not yet ready for this level.
    Well just look at his stats so far I guess. Did well in the first test on a deck not suited to pace bowling, and has been injured in the 2nd and 3rd and India looked pretty toothless.

Not saying by any stretch that India would have won with him in the team, since it has been India's batting that has folded and let the team down, but I think averaging 32 considering the pitches he's bowled on and/or the shellackings he has been a part of in Australia, is very impressive.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    I dont think India realize just how poorly they batted in the first innings. The pitch was ripe to bat on, Anderson and Finn barely got the ball to move or bounce off the straight, while Panesar and Swann got absolutely no purchase off the pitch. The reason India lost is not because of their bowlers, bur because none of their batsmen failed to capitalize.

It seems to me completely ridiculous to prepare rank turners at home and then make Zaheer scapegoat for not showing up. I thought there were several spells where he honestly looked like and probably deserved to take wickets. This Zaheer turning into a trundler overnight is one of the biggest myths as he was bowling high 70s in SA in early 2011 while raking in all those wickets.Not to mention that he was the pick of all the pace bowlers as recently as the first test of this series.

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    I dont think India realize just how poorly they batted in the first innings. The pitch was ripe to bat on, Anderson and Finn barely got the ball to move or bounce off the straight, while Panesar and Swann got absolutely no purchase off the pitch. The reason India lost is not because of their bowlers, bur because none of their batsmen failed to capitalize.

It seems to me completely ridiculous to prepare rank turners at home and then make Zaheer scapegoat for not showing up. I thought there were several spells where he honestly looked like and probably deserved to take wickets. This Zaheer turning into a trundler overnight is one of the biggest myths as he was bowling high 70s in SA in early 2011 while raking in all those wickets.Not to mention that he was the pick of all the pace bowlers as recently as the first test of this series.
    Zaheer's also had one or two dropped catches off his bowling in the NZ series as well as this one. I think it's the fact that he can't field that's sort of given the impression that he's unfit. Even though he can bowl perfectly well in the test matches in terms of # of overs etc.

Zaheer being an awful fielder and a batsman who cbf has hurt him. And that's all his doing.

No sympathy. He gave Indian cricket so much over the last 5 years but in modern day cricket you can't just rock up and bowl and not bother with anything else.

At the end of this series, Ishant may be phased out, so Pankaj still has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Well just look at his stats so far I guess. Did well in the first test on a deck not suited to pace bowling, and has been injured in the 2nd and 3rd and India looked pretty toothless.

Not saying by any stretch that India would have won with him in the team, since it has been India's batting that has folded and let the team down, but I think averaging 32 considering the pitches he's bowled on and/or the shellackings he has been a part of in Australia, is very impressive.
    IMO Yadav's big problem in Australia was that he simply bowled too many "hit me" balls. He's clearly got the raw attributes, so if he's developed his bowling so he's not giving away as many freebies every spell then he's definitely worth sticking with.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Arjun, where's Praveen? Why can't he get a game?
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Pankaj deserves to play in my humble opinion, he is not a big hitter who grabs headlines but looks consistant to me....compared to some of the other players.

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    IMO Yadav's big problem in Australia was that he simply bowled too many "hit me" balls. He's clearly got the raw attributes, so if he's developed his bowling so he's not giving away as many freebies every spell then he's definitely worth sticking with.
    Hit me balls are part of the kind of bowler he is though, he's a wicket taking bowler and he will have spell's where he's leaking runs, but as long as he can get us the breakthroughs regularly I think it's more than worth it, we have enough containment type of bowlers as it is, it's rare that we get a bowler who can produce a wicket out of no where.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information