• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Lord's

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully India start this series better for a change than what they have done in the first test in the recent past.

Edit- First Post.:)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will we have a thread for the tour game, and will it be televised? :)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Should most likely be televised. Can't see Sky/Espnstar letting that oppurtunity go.

And i think we already have a tour game thread?

Last edited:

centurymaker

International Captain
first test in WI: won by just 50 or so runs after a low 1st innings score.
first test in SA: lost by an innings
first test against nz: harbhajan helped salvaged a draw after a 2nd innings collapse
first test against aus: won by just 1 wicket
first test in SL: lost by 10 wickets
first test against SA: lost by an innings
first test in Bangl: won by just 100 or so runs after a 1st innings collapse
first test against SL: salvaged a draw after poor performance in both the 1st innings

first test in Eng: lost by .......:ph34r:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, it is gun that this series will be covered by EspnStar and not those ****wits at Ten Cricket or Neo Cricket.

Anyone know whether they will be sending their own team there as they usually do or will we be getting the Sky commentary/coverage as they are the same network?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
They aren't?

Do they usually broadcast cricket there and do you get Star Cricket or only StarSports and Espn?
Pretty odd considering it is not football season as well.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Btw, it is gun that this series will be covered by EspnStar and not those ****wits at Ten Cricket or Neo Cricket.

Anyone know whether they will be sending their own team there as they usually do or will we be getting the Sky commentary/coverage as they are the same network?
I am sure they will be sending their own team(Harsha, Alan Wilkins, Ravi shastri, Wasim akram, sunil gavaskar, saurav ganguly(maybe)) and both sky sports and espn team will mix these people to commentate. But I am sure both sky and espn will have seprate pre match discussion and post match discussion show

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They have their own team, I know this because Nasser and Bumble will be commentating for them as well as Sky

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
Sehwag out. I guess our team's going to look like this :

1) Abhinav Mukund (damn it!)
2) Gautham Gambhir
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) VVS Laxman
6) Suresh Raina (?)
7) MS Dhoni
8) Harbhajan Singh
9) Zaheer Khan
10)Ishant Sharma
11)Shantakumaran Sreesanth/Praveen Kumar/Munaf Patel

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sehwag out. I guess our team's going to look like this :

1) Abhinav Mukund (damn it!)
2) Gautham Gambhir
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) VVS Laxman
6) Suresh Raina (?)
7) MS Dhoni
8) Harbhajan Singh
9) Zaheer Khan
10)Ishant Sharma
11)Shantakumaran Sreesanth/Praveen Kumar/Munaf Patel
Looks like our run of innings wins will continue

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They aren't?

Do they usually broadcast cricket there and do you get Star Cricket or only StarSports and Espn?
Pretty odd considering it is not football season as well.
They are but the rights are with another Cable TV company. Getting it now would mean an extra $100 which is just stupidly expensive.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Any idea if Sky will have an Indian commentator for the series?

Hoping for Ganguly, hoping Gavaskar stay off our airwaves. Guy's a tool.