• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Lord's

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gavaskar was never happy with his reception in AUS after the walking off incident.....
Gavaskar wasn't happy about the reception he got anywhere. He bitched about how he was received at other cities in India ffs.

He ought to realise it was him.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Promising signs from Tremlett towards the end of the session. If Anderson can get his groove, and Swann to come, I'd hope we can take a few after lunch. Need an early one though, don't want these two getting comfortable.

Highly enjoyable session I thought, from a cricketing POV.

Bun

Banned
Gavaskar wasn't happy about the reception he got anywhere. He bitched about how he was received at other cities in India ffs.

He ought to realise it was him.
same with ponting. guy's was massively talented, but largely a **** on the field. he got poor receptoons pretty much everywhere in the world

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ponting's booing in England was pantomime stuff. Always got clapped after an innings.

We booed him like anything at Headingley in 09 when he came on. He played a blinding 70-odd, one of the great non-centuries of all-time for my money, and got a standing ovation.

In the WC, he played a great innings. And got booed off.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
same with ponting. guy's was massively talented, but largely a **** on the field. he got poor receptoons pretty much everywhere in the world
Should write an autobiography and have a cry about it. Worked for Sunny. Throw in a few racist Protista for good measure, and like Gavaskar he may get an ICC gig.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Ponting's booing in England was pantomime stuff. Always got clapped after an innings.

We booed him like anything at Headingley in 09 when he came on. He played a blinding 70-odd, one of the great non-centuries of all-time for my money, and got a standing ovation.

Haha yeah that was brilliant. I think you could tell that the crowd did actually like him and he quite enjoyed being the pantomime villian. Was a great innings, as you said.

Bun

Banned
Should write an autobiography and have a cry about it. Worked for Sunny. Throw in a few racist Protista for good measure, and like Gavaskar he may get an ICC gig.
might've worked if he had half the penmanship of gavaskar. unfortuhnately as it seems, that's not the case. so whinge and live it off.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha yeah that was brilliant. I think you could tell that the crowd did actually like him and he quite enjoyed being the pantomime villian. Was a great innings, as you said.
Yeah IIRC he sounded kind of disappointed when the ECB suggested they would clamp down on it. Also got a standing ovation for several big milestones in that series too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Empty gesture from the ECB anyway, it's impossible to clamp down on that sort of thing really

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well we all know gavaskar is a ****. But so is ponting.

Plus if Ponting wants an ICC gig, it won't be a problem - a captain of a dominant side plus being such an exceptional player...I don't see why not. They'd rightly jump at it if he was interested.

shankar

International Debutant

Nah, he received very warm applause from all sections after his hundred and acknowledged it too. The boo was only at the presentation ceremony when people were relaxed and joking around.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah, he received very warm applause from all sections after his hundred and acknowledged it too. The boo was only at the presentation ceremony when people were relaxed and joking around.
Yeah that's what I meant. Thought it was absolutely disgraceful after India had won.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah would be worse if India had lost tbh (sour grapes and all that). Doing it after winning shows the purity of the booes. It was done cause the player is a **** not cause India just lost. :p

Last edited:

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Good session, broad looks a completely different bowler when he pitches it up, actually quite dangerous. Mukund pissed it away in no uncertain terms, terrible way to get out, still upto that point was quite impressed with him, hadn't backed him to do much at all this series. I think Anderson and Tremlett have been a bit dissapointing from England's point of view, though Tremlett was good just before lunch. BTW the roses match is looking like an all time great county game, shame Bresnan had to slip in half way.