• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Lord's

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I suspect if England could take a player from India it would be Tendulkar actually. Not sure Zaheer would get into the England side, he isn't a vastly superior bowler to Anderson and his fitness record of late is woeful. A very good performer but would struggle to make the England side due to unreliability of fitness.
lolwut

Spark

Global Moderator
I can only assume he's watched Trott scoring millions of runs by flicking everything towards mid-on/wicket, and decided to do the same...

He's ticking though. Three of those past the stumps.

Last edited:

Uppercut

I can only assume he's watched Trott scoring millions of runs by flicking everything towards mid-on/wicket, and decided to do the same...
Other way round if anything. KP was flicking everything towards mid-on/mid-wicket while Trott was still in nappies.

vcs

This is really good batting by KP. Dhoni needs to devise some way of keeping the scoring down, because the only chance this attack has of getting him out is by frustrating him.

Uppercut

Haha, but I don't remember it being quite this extreme. Seems to be working now though.
He played like this around '07-'08 in Sri Lanka and New Zealand. Jayawardene set him some pretty funky fields.

Big inswing from Ishant there. Not sure attacking leg stump is the way to go when he adopts this strategy, though.

vcs

I've always wondered why bowlers seem to completely forget the yorker in Test matches, tbh.
Ishant doesn't seem to have it in his repertoire. And the idea of Praveen bowling one seems oddly incongruous.