• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Lord's

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Freddie Flintoff believes Praveen Kumar wouldn't make the Lancashire side. Also says if Zaheer is out, #1 is ours for certain. I ****ing love that man.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Freddie Flintoff believes Praveen Kumar wouldn't make the Lancashire side. Also says if Zaheer is out, #1 is ours for certain. I ****ing love that man.
Ignores the fact that he made Cook and Strauss look like very, very poor

Seriously, Cook played and missed more times in that innings than on the entire tour of Australia and if the English batsmen had actually used bats with an edge or if India were better than a grade cricket fielding team, they'd have been stuffed today

Teja.

Global Moderator
Lol.

Don't get the general Praveen hate tbh.

He doesn't look like he should be good so lets all ignore an incredible FC bowling record and the fact that he debuted overseas and yet bowled like a ****ing champion straight away and declare him useless when he has his first average, not even poor, day as a bowler.

It's scary that he was not even that bad today. If Praveen was 15 kph faster but a significantly worse bowler and went for 4 rpo today instead of 2.5 and had a similarly successful tour to the WI, people would be a lot more forgiving.

Christ, 46 runs in 18 overs with a lot of very good balls in your fourth test match, You'll have days like these as a test bowler, you'll have worse days, you'll have considerably worse days too, doesn't make you automatically ****e.

Last edited:

Bun

Banned

Seriously, Cook played and missed more times in that innings than on the entire tour of Australia and if the English batsmen had actually used bats with an edge or if India were better than a grade cricket fielding team, they'd have been stuffed today
haha this.

again not as if england are 300 for 2 or anything. a couple of scalps and we'll be in again.

hopefully zak reccovers from what's been a cramp.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Praveen has been that bad, looked more like getting a wicket than Ishant anyway and hasn't sprayed it all over the place.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

That analysis is complete gash. Ball swinging from the hand against openers with compact techniques refusing to play away from the body = a lot of play and misses that mean nothing. It is not good bowling against tidy batting.

I dont have Praveen hate. I have just watched him today and find him ordinary. I am not really bothered about how he bowled today but that he has nothing that interests me as a Test bowler.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

So if Zaheer has had cramp then he'll be able to bowl tomorrow but only after he has been back on the field for the length of time he was off it. Or have the rules changed on this one?

8 overs would be about 35 minutes and possibly the extra half hour tonight as i doubt they'd send him out there today if they get on.

flibbertyjibber

That analysis is complete gash. Ball swinging from the hand against openers with compact techniques refusing to play away from the body = a lot of play and misses that mean nothing. It is not good bowling against tidy batting.

I dont have Praveen hate. I have just watched him today and find him ordinary.
Yeah he did have a bit of the Hilfenhaus look about him with it swinging so early that good players can read it and it swings past the bat.

vcs

We should start grooming a replacement for Dravid at first slip. I wonder if Mukund or Raina are any good there.

flibbertyjibber

Happy with that, we were on a hiding to nothing there going out for a short spell. As it is with 4 days of 98 overs ( I know unlikely ) we'd only lose 10 from today so plenty of time left in this game.

Our day to only lose 2 wickets after being put in in those conditions.