• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Lord's

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's bowled as well as i expected him to at Lords.

Has been unlucky till now to not pick up a wicket. Has bowled some absolute beauties.
Mmm I'm still trying to figure out how much of it is luck. He bowled a lot of beauties that didn't get a wicket in the West Indies too.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He's bowled as well as i expected him to at Lords.

Has been unlucky till now to not pick up a wicket. Has bowled some absolute beauties.
Reckon he is more likely less to take wickets the longer the match goes on personally. The beauties not taking the wicket will really cost him at the end of the day.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
People seem to bring this up for him every time he does not pick up a wicket unfairly,imo based on pre conceived notions they have.
I have no pre conceived notions. Ive never watched him bowl before. Based purely on what I have seen today, I think he is very ordinary. Bowling big outswingers from the hand at medium pace isnt a rare ability. Sure he has beat the bat today but it has swung too early to be very dangerous and he was given perfect conditions which he didnt exploit. I see nothing interesting or exciting about him. He isnt tall and he cant bat.

Bowls like a combination Pommie Mbangwa and Ganguly.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Mmm I'm still trying to figure out how much of it is luck. He bowled a lot of beauties that didn't get a wicket in the West Indies too.
He has gotten some edges tbf, but they have been thick or not carried because unlike West Indies there is no real carry or bounce on this wicket.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Praveen Kumar has definitely swung the ball, but a lot of the balls have been in the wrong areas so have been just easily left alone. As Goughy said above the ball has swung very early on making it easier for Test standard batsmen to pick.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Didnt really get why PK brought so few balls back into the lefties when he was clearly capable of it. Pushing it across over and over again was achieving little.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Trending in Australia at this time.That's really surprising:shock:. Though i guess only cricket fans are tweeting at this time.

Btw, 7 out of the top 10 trends in India is related to this right now.