• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Lord's

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well i presume our squad will be the same as the Sri Lanka series with Bresnan replacing Dernbach in the 12 and probably Broad in the team.

So looking forward to this series, give us a real indication of where England are at present. We all know they are good but how good?????

As for the Indian side i think PK will get the 3rd seamer slot, looks ideally suited to English conditions and a left armer/gangly quick/right arm swing combo looks good on paper to me.

Bring it on.

Bun

Banned
fully tempted to go and purchase a new dish connection altogether for star cricket HD...

Howe_zat

Audio File
Big chance for us first up with Sehwag gone and the Indians' habit of starting badly.

Lord's and Trent Bridge are our best bet.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Worried about the Lords test the most.

Not only we start poorly in recent times ,we also have a poor record there IIRC

Actually am not that worried about Trent Bridge though .Indian bowlers should do well there.

Bun

Banned
nah we will do just well...

lords is a batting paradiso.....

btw which all dth providers are offering star cricket hd nyone???

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
nah we will do just well...

lords is a batting paradiso.....
Lords is exactly the kind of pitch that is a slight weak point with us.

btw which all dth providers are offering star cricket hd nyone???
Dishtv are carrying it and Tatasky will have it from July 15th ,i think.

No idea about the others ....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
She's a draw, chaps; mark it now.

Sehwag out makes an England win slightly more likely, but it'll be the easiest batting of the tour so it's not a bad one for him to miss. Except rain to play a full part too.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mukund is a lucky dude.. wasn't really in the picture for selection prior to this series, and now leapfrogs guys like Kohli, Badrinath etc. due to Sehwag's injury and gets to play at Lord's. Hope he makes the most of it.

biased indian

International Coach
Mukund is a lucky dude.. wasn't really in the picture for selection prior to this series, and now leapfrogs guys like Kohli, Badrinath etc. due to Sehwag's injury and gets to play at Lord's. Hope he makes the most of it.
Mukund was not in competition with kohli or badrinath... he and vijay was the one fighting for the third openers choice and it was clear after 2 test who was going to take it.

biased indian

International Coach
She's a draw, chaps; mark it now.

Sehwag out makes an England win slightly more likely, but it'll be the easiest batting of the tour so it's not a bad one for him to miss. Except rain to play a full part too.
think if it stays cloudy we would struggle to win or draw..as it is the first test and we always struggle in the first half of the tour usally...

as for rain it say 18,19th light rain and 20th cloudy .as i could find only 10 day advance weather don't know about the days when the game is played..hope it will clear out completely by 21st