• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Lord's

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
PK doing the right thing, need to take a chance and get some runs on the board. Might knock the bowlers off their stride too while they are at it and get a few more runs from poor bowling.

Jacknife

International Captain
This is the worst Jimmy has bowled for about 2 years. Guess he is allowed an off day though as he has been very good for a long time.
How much cricket has he played because I know he hasn't bowled with red ball, since the 3rd test against SL and hasn't played for Lans since. So he's played 2 tests and a Roses match all summer so far, not enough imo for a player like Jimmy.

tooextracool

International Coach
Not to his recent high standards, but still good. Massive improvement on the last time he bowled at Lord's.
Not really, his pitch map would show 2 balls that would have hit the stumps. Hes not been as terrible as Anderson but he wasted the new ball earlier in the day and both Harbhajan and Laxman gifted him their wickets.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Engalnd's game to lose now.. We are royalled ****ed without Zak... England gotta utilize this chance.. Game is there for their taking, tbh...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anderson really is such an amazing bowler.
And what about Tendulkar - his innings today confirming his status as the greatest batsman ... cricketer ... human being ... organism ...entity in our generation ... human history ... the planet's history ... ever ... across the entire spectrum of time.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How much cricket has he played because I know he hasn't bowled with red ball, since the 3rd test against SL and hasn't played for Lans since. So he's played 2 tests and a Roses match all summer so far, not enough imo for a player like Jimmy.
Probably right, if we can win this match without him at his best and then go to one of his favourite grounds next week with him having got the bowling he needs then it would be great for us.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tremlett is real good though.. I dunno why people think he has not been his usual self but that only shows how good he must really be.. For me, he is good except in the early stages when he seemed to eager with the new ball..