• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Middle order face off! Lara AND Tendulkar Vs. Richards AND Chappell

Lara AND Tendulkar VS. Richards AND Chappell

• Total voters

hang on

State Vice-Captain
So, finally, those two (and the corresponding legions of fans and keyboard warriors) are united!

Which middle order do you think is better? To play the best bowlers the world has had to offer?

To make it a little more interesting, would you change either of the orders? For example, no Chappell, but a Miandad instead? Or no Lara (or Tendulkar, before a war breaks out!), but a Ponting instead? Please keep them from the same eras.

Happy chuntering!

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I rate IVR above Sachin and Lara and I think GC is just as good as these two but for the life of me, I can't vote against the greatest batsmen I have seen batting live.. :) so Lara/Sachin it is.

smash84

The Tiger King
Have not seen too much of G Chappell except for his coaching stint with India :p...........

tempted to go with IVR and Allan Border maybe

Spark

Global Moderator
Voted Tendulkar/other myself. Just because I would love to see Tendulkar/Ponting live.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Voted Tendulkar/other myself. Just because I would love to see Tendulkar/Ponting live.
would be bloody interesting and awesome to watch. i would give anything to see lara and richards take on marshall and mcgrath.

or tendulkar and lara take on lillee and thompson.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is one of the reasons I have convinced myself to select my all time ODI XI to be something like this: (That and of course the emergence of MSD)

Sachin
Lara
Richards
Ponting (vc)
Bevan
Dhoni (c) (wk)
Pollock
Akram
Warne
McGrath
Murali

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Sachin and Chappell. Seen all of them play, but seeing Chappell against the WI great bowlers was a pleasure. Im 100% Sachin wouldve coped very well, better than Lara who I thought was suspect against pace. I absolutely LOVE Viv to death, but to be honest I dont recall much of him taking apart the best bowlers he couldve faced, but I have many innings of GSC against WI of the late 70's and 80's that I just cant ignore, he was completely majestic and unhurried against the greatest WI pace quartet. He might be a crap selector and coach, but he was a masterful batsman indeed.

Borges

International Regular
> Which middle order do you think is better? To play the best bowlers the world has had to offer?

Pace: Chappel + Tendulkar

Spin: Lara + Tendulkar