• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Middle order face off! Lara AND Tendulkar Vs. Richards AND Chappell

Lara AND Tendulkar VS. Richards AND Chappell

• Total voters

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Back in those days one dayers that were 'day' games in England used red balls. I think from memory in that 1998 summer was the first time white balls were used in the one dayers between Eng,SL and SA, will doublecheck.

See here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOXknqIaaY red balls in this series, but the following tri series a few months later were white balls, 1st one day tri series in England and first time coloured clothing was used

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41lXjQnXnpw

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
That was arguably Tendulkar's best limited over knock. Pity that it wasn't officially recognized match. Remember lot of hype being created prior to this match. Tendulkar was in form of his life and he was going to play an attack led by McGrath and Donald. It was almost too good to be true that Tendulkar lived up to all the hype. De silva also played a good knock.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
would be bloody interesting and awesome to watch. i would give anything to see lara and richards take on marshall and mcgrath.

or tendulkar and lara take on lillee and thompson.
Sachin and Lara against Warne and Murali! :w00t:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Back in those days one dayers that were 'day' games in England used red balls. I think from memory in that 1998 summer was the first time white balls were used in the one dayers between Eng,SL and SA, will doublecheck.

See here, YouTube - ‪England vs South Africa 1998 Texaco ODI series review‬‏ red balls in this series, but the following tri series a few months later were white balls, 1st one day tri series in England and first time coloured clothing was used

YouTube - ‪Natwest Tri Series 1998 Review - England Sri Lanka South Africa‬‏
This used to be the case for day games in India and Sharjah in the 90's also, IIRC (white clothing + red balls).

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Now days he uses less power and is more of a accumulator.

Partly because he lost that strength and power in his body after the Tennis Elbow and the other injury problems he had.

Himannv

International Coach
I'm another who likes the sound of Viv and Border. Sounds like a combination that will work exceedingly well.

smash84

The Tiger King
Seems like an awesome combination in terms of balance.
I'm another who likes the sound of Viv and Border. Sounds like a combination that will work exceedingly well.
yep Border and Viv would make quite a partnership. Rock solid at one end and blasting away at the other.

That would lead to Murali's average jumping to around 30 and Warne's average becoming equal to Sami/Agarkar:ph34r:
:laugh:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
That would lead to Murali's average jumping to around 30 and Warne's average becoming equal to Sami/Agarkar:ph34r:
Averaging 50 against Lara and Tendulkar would be respectable. Averaging 30 will be sensational.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Chappell and Tendulkar would be the best combo of the four.

Lara/Tendulkar otherwise.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Sachin and Chappell. Seen all of them play, but seeing Chappell against the WI great bowlers was a pleasure. Im 100% Sachin wouldve coped very well, better than Lara who I thought was suspect against pace. I absolutely LOVE Viv to death, but to be honest I dont recall much of him taking apart the best bowlers he couldve faced, but I have many innings of GSC against WI of the late 70's and 80's that I just cant ignore, he was completely majestic and unhurried against the greatest WI pace quartet. He might be a crap selector and coach, but he was a masterful batsman indeed.
i agree

Chappell and Tendulkar would be the best combo of the four.

Lara/Tendulkar otherwise.
hypothetically it is. but tendy and chappell wont get along well haha.