• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inness should have been picked over Bracken

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I don't know much about Inness but what i do know is that Bracken is a bloody ******! I know people who know him personally through grade cricket and he's an arrogant **** now that he's in the NSW side, so who knows how this will get to his head getting into the Australian side.
I hope it doesn't destroy his game this arrogance

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slats4ever said:
I don't know much about Inness but what i do know is that Bracken is a bloody ******! I know people who know him personally through grade cricket and he's an arrogant **** now that he's in the NSW side, so who knows how this will get to his head getting into the Australian side.
Well, whatever the effects I'd imagine they'll have been studied by now, given that his first soujorn in the team was 3 seasons ago...

iamdavid

International Debutant
Slats4ever said:
Oh Im sure he isnt that bad , at least not compared to Brad Williams , he isnt bowling as badly as he is capable of in this match but he is one arrogant **** , only Bracken is actually decently intelligent (for a fast bowler anyway) , Williams intelligence is that of a man from the most basic bracket of man kind , my lasting memory of him will be asking him for an autograph after watching the Warriors train in Sydney last year , I gave him my pen & he to his suprise it wouldnt write , he then fiddled around with it for a bit (making a series of grunting sounds as he did so) before I intervened by telling him you had to push the little button on the top first , "Oh , sorry bout dat kid".
:lol:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
hahahah that story takes the cake.
most of the Australian fast bowlers are dicks to the crowd
Except Brett Lee and now Kasprowicz, two "absolute sweethearts"

iamdavid

International Debutant
Slats4ever said:
hahahah that story takes the cake.
most of the Australian fast bowlers are dicks to the crowd
Except Brett Lee and now Kasprowicz, two "absolute sweethearts"
There are a few exceptions , Shane Harwood from Victoria is a real nice guy , when he was in Canberra he even took the time out to come & do a training session with my under 15's rep squad , Jason Gillespie & Stuart Clark are generally pretty good aswell , but the two worst cases I have ever seen are Damien Wright (at the PM's XI a couple of years back a few kids were asking for his autograph & he snapped "shutup , Im concentrating") , however nothing can compare to the king of all a%$h*l#s Andrew Ryan Caddick , now he's a **** , at this years PM's XI fixture he wouldnt sign an autograph for some young kids so a few fat old men (who'd had a few) began the familiar chant of "(insert name here)'s a ******" , most players have the sense to ignore it but he took it very personally & after a few overs he came over & began yelling abuse back , "they inbreed ya all in Canberra or something!" , what an idiot , not the first time either as he got in trouble for giving some kid the finger at the MCG.:lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
iamdavid said:
Andrew Ryan Caddick
Who's he then?
Interesting, he's got the same first name, surname and middle-name initial of an England cricketer of renown - Andrew Richard Caddick - maybe this guy you're talking about's related to him?
:P

iamdavid

International Debutant
Richard said:
Who's he then?
Interesting, he's got the same first name, surname and middle-name initial of an England cricketer of renown - Andrew Richard Caddick - maybe this guy you're talking about's related to him?
:P
Yes sorry bout that , next time I'll go look up his player profile just to make sure I'm correct , here's a bit of trivia for you , what were Allan Borders & Vitcor Trumper's middle names , and dont just look up their pp's.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
iamdavid said:
Yes sorry bout that , next time I'll go look up his player profile just to make sure I'm correct , here's a bit of trivia for you , what were Allan Borders & Vitcor Trumper's middle names , and dont just look up their pp's.
I have never looked at the profiles of either (don't even know Trumper's averages) but I seem to remember Trumper doesn't have a middle name. As for Border, he was always referred to simply as AB, so I really haven't got a clue on that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Interestingly enough I told my Uncle (big Aussie Cricket fan) about this thread, and other comments regarding Inness that are on here.

He asked me who Inness was!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Interestingly enough I told my Uncle (big Aussie Cricket fan) about this thread, and other comments regarding Inness that are on here.

He asked me who Inness was!
Shocking!

iamdavid

International Debutant
Richard said:
Shocking!
Well unfortunately since C7 went broke the only domestic cricket which gets shown on TV out here are the ING games & Inness barely gets a game for Victoria in the OD comp.

Therefore he rarely appears on TV & lots of people dont know much about him , Bracken however has a habbit of doing well in televised games , perhaps just a small coincedence.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
iamdavid said:
Well unfortunately since C7 went broke the only domestic cricket which gets shown on TV out here are the ING games & Inness barely gets a game for Victoria in the OD comp.

Therefore he rarely appears on TV & lots of people dont know much about him , Bracken however has a habbit of doing well in televised games , perhaps just a small coincedence.
But an incredibly significant one. And not a unique one. Blackwell scored half-centuries in successive C&G televised (C4, terrestrial, rather than pay-TV Sky) matches v Kent. The second especially played, I don't doubt, a huge part in his selection for ODIs.
People placed far, and I mean far, more stall on that one innings than his entire List-A Limited-Overs career. They took virtually no notice; they preferred to believe they could judge his potential, and that innings had shown them what he could do.
Naturally, they ended-up with red faces after the VB Series.

Craig

World Traveller
Ah C7 Sport, I regret I never got it added to my basic cable TV service. I had it during the Ashes when it costed only $20AUD in 2001 and the good thing about is that they showed County Cricket.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Talking of Aussie left-armers, I went to see a charity game in which he was playing for Worcestershire, and he took my autograph book and gave it to Anurag Singh straight away and ignored any attempt to ask him to sign the book. I can't really wish bad luck on him though as he's rubbish anyway.

Oh well, at least he doesn't have a face like Matt Mason's :saint:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Ah C7 Sport, I regret I never got it added to my basic cable TV service. I had it during the Ashes when it costed only $20AUD in 2001 and the good thing about is that they showed County Cricket.
Interisting how we can't even watch highlights of our overseas Tests yet someone the other side of the world can and can also watch the domestic game too. It's a total disgrace.

Mclauren, he did a lot of good for English Cricket, but selling the rights to CH4 is something I'll never forgive him for. Ok the coverage is better, but at least when it was on the BBC we actually got to SEE SOME DAMN CRICKET rather than have the usual excuses of "it's not a big series" or "it would interfear with the late night schedualing".

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
How many times Rik?

Channel 4 bought the rights to the Home series from the ECB (as that's all the International Cricket the ECB can sell)

The overseas are available to ALL TV channels, so you cannot criticise one and not the others.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rik said:
Talking of Aussie left-armers, I went to see a charity game in which he was playing for Worcestershire, and he took my autograph book and gave it to Anurag Singh straight away and ignored any attempt to ask him to sign the book. I can't really wish bad luck on him though as he's rubbish anyway.

Oh well, at least he doesn't have a face like Matt Mason's :saint:
he = Mark Harrity?

Craig

World Traveller
Did Harrirty bowl well at all for Worcestershire?

Looking at Bracken's performances in this series, Inness probably would of been a better bet.

If he were fit :( :!(