Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Which is best combination??

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zaheer,Ishant & Praveen

20 50.00%
  • Zaheer,Ishant & Munaf

3 7.50%
  • Zaheer,Ishant & Sreesanth

16 40.00%
  • Zaheer,Sreesanth & Praveen

1 2.50%
  • Zaheer,Sreesanth & Munaf

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Indian pace trio??

Icon3 Indian pace trio??

Ishant Sharma has been superb in WI & this makes the Indian pace attack look stronger for England tour.With Zaheer coming back,it won't be easy for the English batsmen to get big scores.But there would be a good competetion between the Indian seamers for a spot in the line-up.Zaheer & Ishant are automatic selections at this point of time & the third seamer will be one of these three - Praveen/Munaf/Sreesanth.
    I would go for Praveen because of his swing capabilities & also he has got a good start to his test career so he would be high on confidence.
    cricdiary.wordpress.com

My dream & the greatest XI ever.
    A.Gilchrist (wk),S.Tendulkar (c),J.Kallis,A.Flower,J.Rhodes,C.Cairns,L.Klusener ,H.Streak,S.Pollock,S.Mushtaq,S.Bond

Simon Champion!
    Between Praveen and Sreesanth for the third spot currently.

I would certainly go for Praveen in swinging conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Between Praveen and Sreesanth for the third spot currently.

I would certainly go for Praveen in swinging conditions.
    Same here.

I'd like nothing more than Sree getting selected, having a killer tour and settling into the team alongside Zaheer and Ishant, but think Praveen and Munaf are also good shouts for England. Wouldn't mind any of them getting a go.

Speaking of which, I know Munaf is a very different bowler now, but how awesome he was vs England in Mohali!

Quote Originally Posted by chicane View Post
    I'd like nothing more than Sree getting selected, having a killer tour and settling into the team alongside Zaheer and Ishant, but think Praveen and Munaf are also good shouts for England. Wouldn't mind any of them getting a go.

Speaking of which, I know Munaf is a very different bowler now, but how awesome he was vs England in Mohali!
    Yeah.Probably he will be remembered as the only bowler who was at his best ever on debut.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Aren't there like a million discussions about this topic all over the subbie already..

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Aren't there like a million discussions about this topic all over the subbie already..
    What about a brand new thread for all those discussions??

It's pretty harsh on Sree and I wub him most dearly but you cannot drop Praveen or Ishant now and Zaheer is Zaheer.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    It's pretty harsh on Sree and I wub him most dearly but you cannot drop Praveen or Ishant now and Zaheer is Zaheer.
    Sree > Praveen

similar amount of swing at 135-140 ks > at 120-125 ks

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Sree > Praveen for now but it depends a bit on conditions.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

International 12th Man Outswinger@Pace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    Sree > Praveen

similar amount of swing at 135-140 ks > at 120-125 ks
    You left out one important difference.

The 125 kph guy makes them play all the time, while the 140 kph swing bowler specializes in the corridor of unreachability.

Besides, he is mentally unstable IMHO, and it's very difficult for a captain to trust him to do a consistent job with the ball.

Simon Champion!
    Plus the guy at 125 can swing it both ways ,while the guy at 140 can only swing it one way with the new ball and when it swings too much he finds it hard to contol it.

International 12th Man Outswinger@Pace's Avatar
    Ishant seems to have found his pace and rhythm back and that makes him and Zaheer the first two candidates in my book.

PK has been swinging the red cherry beautifully and the control that he displays is exceptional. I do think that sometimes pace tends to get over-rated. A guy who is super-accurate and swings it at 77-79 mph isn't going to be as easy to cart around the park as many people seem to think.

Truth be told, apart from a few modern batsmen, I don't see many guys having something remotely resembling a technique when it comes to tackling late movement. A genuine swing bowler (in-the-air rather than off-the-pitch types) is more worthy at this point of time than any other, IMHO. I'd back PK to achieve a lot in his test career. Sreesanth, as I said before, is hugely inconsistent and laughably indisciplined for a test-playing adult.

So, Zaheer + Sharma + Kumar would be the way to go, if I were the skipper/selector.
    Last edited by Outswinger@Pace; 09-07-2011 at 05:52 AM.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Can't see Praveen troubling some of the bigger batting lineups though unless the ball swings around corners. Sreesanth if he isn't playing like rubbish (which he does sometimes play like) has something of an X-factor about him.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    That's the thing though. In unfavourable conditions against a beastly batting line up, would you take the swing bowling medium pacer who can at least keep things tight or the quicker, less accurate, less swingy bowler who might have a one game in twenty pearler or carry on with his pie chucking ways, probably hitting a team mate with his handbag again for good measure?

I'd probably just play the second spinner in that situation if the medium pacer really struggled.
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information