• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beautiful moments on the cricket field

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Francis said:
For me, nothing comes close to Andrew Flintoff colsoling Brett Lee after that Ashes loss at Edgbaston. The heartbreak is definitely still being felt by the Aussies because in Ricky Ponting's Ashes diary he talks about an lbw decision that happened in England last innings there that went England way two runs before the end. In other words, he's still searching for those two runs. And that's the kind of game that one relives the rest of their lives thinking what they could have done and how they could have gotten those three runs.

Lee took bump after bump as they kept bowling into his body and for him to endure all that pain and just fall short was incredible. What's more incredible was the picture of all the English players celebrating, while their number one hero wasn't celebrating at all... he went to Brett Lee when Flintoff was the hero of that match.

But that'll be a match Lee and all those Aussies will continue to relive and thinking what they could have done because they came so close.
Agreed 100%, and just for the record, here's both those images.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
luckyeddie said:
The bottom one is actually my desktop image (I replaced the Freddie in mid-wicket with arms aloft one a few weeks ago).
I would do that if I wasn't such a noob to making pictures bigger without losing quality.

howardj

International Coach
Craig McDermott for accepting Darrell Hair's decision at the Adelaide Oval in 1993. McDermott was incorrectly given out caught behind, when Australia needed two runs to win the series against the all-powerful West Indies. Not only did he accept the decision, but he didnt whinge about it in subsequent interviews.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I would do that if I wasn't such a noob to making pictures bigger without losing quality.
Nice avatar - where have I seen that before?

There's bound to be some degradation - even if you use Photoshop to 'artificially' sharpen the image. I just look upon it as 'soft focus'.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
luckyeddie said:
Nice avatar - where have I seen that before?

There's bound to be some degradation - even if you use Photoshop to 'artificially' sharpen the image. I just look upon it as 'soft focus'.
I'll figure out how to use photoshop someday.