• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain: Forumer's Challenge

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think I must be the Shane Watson of this game - I keep scoring 50s up top but never seem to be able to go on with it.

But then I can't play ODIs or bowl. Maybe I've got a worse case of Michael Slater's 90s syndrome.

Howe_zat

Audio File
1st ODI vs Bangladesh

Playing XI: Heads, Narang, Dharan, Spark, Riley, Ikram, Clark, Hing, Corrin, Capone, Phlegm

CW won the toss and were put in to bat on a bowling-friendly surface, and their batting was soon in the mire when Mortaza claimed both openers in his first over, Heads bowled and Narang caught at square leg.

Dharan and Spark looked to consolidate, but Dharan got out at just the wrong time before Riley followed suit, and CW were looking shaky at 101/4 in the 26th. It was left to Spark and Ikram to see the side to a good score and the pair delivered, putting on 131 in 21 overs for the 5th wicket. Ikram fell late on for 65 off 85 balls but Spark was the star, staying to the end and making his 126* at better than a run a ball. CW had made 253/5.

The Bangladeshi reply began at a fast pace, despite Capone and Clark striking in their opening spells, as Phlegm was hammered for 35 in his first 5 overs. The innings was then built around a solid innings from Saleh while wickets were regular but too far apart at the other end.

Phlegm returned at the death and picked up two crucial wickets, including Saleh for 87, but the damage had been done and CW had too few runs to play with. Khaled Mahmud ended the innings in a hurry, smashing 27 from 14 balls to claim the Bangladeshis' first win of the tour.

Bangladesh won by 4 wickets

Attachments

Howe_zat

Audio File
2nd ODI vs Bangladesh

The second ODI looked to be played in conditions suited to swing bowling, and so Jake Howe came in for ODI debut as a third front-line seamer. CW lost the toss and were surprisingly asked to bowl.

Howe soon found himself involved as he took a catch to dismiss Javed Omar early on. Brought on to bowl, it was the debutant to break through the top order in an opening spell of 6-1-19-3.

From there the tourists never really recovered as CW kept a tight check on the scoring while also taking regular wickets. Corrin and Phlegm took a brace each while none of the Bangladeshis could gather a counter-attack. Howe was brought back to claim his fourth, and Ikram took the final wicket as Bangladesh were dumped out for 145.

CW lost their openers early as Head's poor form in particular continued. However, the small total did not prove to be defendable. Spark was once again the man to take CW through to the end with a calm 70*, this time with Dharan (26) and Riley, who contributed a swift 40*.

Howe was awarded MotM for his 4-26 in nine overs. The right-arm seamer, who is believed to be involved with the team management, was heard to claim: "If you want something done right, do it your ****ing self."

CW won by 7 wickets

Attachments