• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain: Forumer's Challenge

Anku31

U19 Vice-Captain
Name: Ankur Lathwal
Batting style: Right hand bat, middle order
Wicket Keeper
Batting: 75

I hope i have a place. :)

Flem274*

123/5
What team are we?

Have a feeling my Right Arm Medium tag is going to kill me now.:( Unless you upgrade me to RFM and get me Glenn McGrath.:p

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Damn, too slow to sign up. Will be watching with interest how the team progresses though.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Batting style: Left handed opener or lower middle order.
Bowling: Left arm orthodox

70/30 in favour of bowling. Was a tough decision to go with bowling as at different stages of my playing days my batting was much better but my bowling reached much higher peaks.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
First Test tonight. Home match vs the West Indies. Ballich is out injured, so the batting order picks itself. Going in with 5 bowlers, inc. 4 seamers, on a pitch expected to take little pace and even less spin.

Playing XI:

REMOVED
J. Heads
I. Narang
M. Spark
A. Riley
B. Dharan
D. Clark
M. Winné
A. Capone
M. Dean
S. Dong

Last edited by a moderator:

Howe_zat

Audio File
CW were asked to field and tolied hard in an opening two sessions. An opening stand of 157 was then helped along to 250-2 at tea, Chris Gayle making a powerful century and Dean taking the only two wickets to fall, both bowled.

The match began to turn in CW's favour as Dong returned with the old ball to trap Gayle lbw and dismiss Chanderpaul cheaply. West Indies were soon suffering a collapse as after Clark removed Sarwan, CW took the new ball and Capone took a brace of wickets in the dying light. West Indies closed the first day on 340/7.

Capone and Dong then completed their skittling of the tail early on day two at the cost of only 23 runs. West Indies had lost 8/112.

West Indies 363 all out - Gayle 148, Capone 4-71, Dong 3-103

The home side's reply began badly as Heads departed early. Narang and REMOVED played patiently for the rest of the morning session but Narang fell for 22 just before the interval. Spark joined REMOVED in the afternoon, and more aggressive play allowed them to build a partnership of 117 for the third wicket.

Both, however, found themselves dismissed after tea - REMOVED for 92 and Spark for 46 - to leave CW on 174/4. But Riley and Dharan continued where the pair had left off, and added another 104 before Riley's dismissal for 49. That brought the close of play with the home side on 280/5.

The third day belonged almost entirely to Dharan. With CW looking to build a lead, the wicketkeeper-batsman batted superbly with Clark (35), Dean (57) and Dong (26). Claiming the majority of each partnership, Dharan was the last man out late in the day for 176, and leaving his side well in control on 543.

CW 543 all out - Dharan 172, REMOVED 92

Given a tricky hour on day 3, Dong removed Gayle to leave the Windies on 32/1 overnight. The visitors managed to resist for much of the first two sessions on day four, with Hinds (ct behind off Clark), Lara and Chanderpaul all contributing fifties to get the West Indies to 162/2.

The resistance crumbled in the evening session, as once Winne dismissed Lara, Dong and Capone once again administered a middle-order collapse, Dong with four wickets and Capone with two. Lone resistance from Bravo (32*) managed to set CW a target of 135 to win.

West Indies 315 all out - Lara 72, Dong 4-91

The chase was never really in doubt, especially after partnerships for the first two wickets of 42 and 50. REMOVED and Narang got out in the 20s on a deteriorating wicket, and Riley fell cheaply soon after, but the chase was anchored by a calm 50 from Heads. The opener fell for 53 but it was simple enough for Spark and, fittingly, Dharan to hit the winning runs.

Congrats CW on your first victory!

CW 137/4 - Heads 53, Spark 22*

CW won by 6 wickets and lead the series 1-0

MotM - Bharani Dharan

Last edited by a moderator:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll compile a list of CW names-sim names-batting/bowling abilities later for reference :p. No idea who half the people are atm.