• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Craig Kieswetter Praise Thread!!

Vote your views

• Total voters

Anku31

U19 Vice-Captain
After the Prior vs Kieswetter thread got closed,I have opened a new thread just to praise Craig Kieswetter.Anyone who wants to say some good words about him,is always welcome.
Btw,i have also put some latest pics in his support.

P.S. If Matt Prior suckers want to piss on me,they can vote "thrash this thread" in the poll. :laugh:

P.S. Anyone,whether Kieswetter fan or Prior fan,don't take me seriously.:)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Kieswetter v Prior as Test options isn't actually a serious debate though, so of course they won't take you seriously. It's not like there are grumbling Kieswetter and Prior fans ready to stake it out in the great debate; that anyone bothered engaging you in the discussion at all just shows how bored some people get. It'd be like you starting up a thread suggesting Luke Wright replace Cook in the Test team and then imploring all "Cook suckers" to not piss on you for the suggestion.

Anku31

U19 Vice-Captain
Kieswetter v Prior as Test options isn't actually a serious debate though, so of course they won't take you seriously. It's not like there are grumbling Kieswetter and Prior fans ready to stake it out in the great debate; that anyone bothered engaging you in the discussion at all just shows how bored some people get. It'd be like you starting up a thread suggesting Luke Wright replace Cook in the Test team and then imploring all "Cook suckers" to not piss on you for the suggestion.
Thanks,you are the first to reply in this great thread.I was expecting it will be you.:)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anku, what are your thoughts on Stuart Broad? And the KP V Sangakarra issue?

Anku31

U19 Vice-Captain
Anku, what are your thoughts on Stuart Broad? And the KP V Sangakarra issue?
Great thoughts.:)
Broad is a superb bowler & also has good abilities to become an all-rounder.
One thing that will help him is the stiff competetion between English fast bowlers.They have quite a few who deserve a test XI spot.Bresnan,Finn,Anderson,Tremlett,Dernbach,Shehzad,Broad,etc.

And for the second topic,nowadays,KP hasn't been that good.Although i wonder how he is still maintaining a test average of 48! But in my opinion,currently Sangakarra stands out based on recent years.He has become quite aggressive & his change in approach has helped him.He is probably at his peak.And for KP,the best is yet to come.:)

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have a lot of time for Kieswetter, actually. There's no way he'll supplant Matty for the test gig currently, but it's not like he's a rank slogger. He plays proper cricket shots. A little loose outside off, but Prior hardly has a flawless technique; leaves a pretty sizeable gate for anyone who brings the ball back into him. Strong off his pads tho, so it's an interesting risk/reward calc for the bowler.

Matty the better keeper too, but Kies no way an Akmal either.

If Prior went down on the morning of a test I think I'd take CK over Davies, who I think is midly overrated with the gloves.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Atleast i have got a few supporters. :) yo yo
Yeah you do! I'm one of those few supporters (can't believe i'm actually saying this). Anyway, Kieswetter is great in limited overs cricket, but still has to put in a bit more work if he's going to displace Prior in the test team.

Anku31

U19 Vice-Captain
Atleast we can draw a conclusion.Kieswetter replaces Prior in ODI team,beacuse he is better than Prior in limited overs cricket.And he will replace him in tests too,with time.

TumTum

Banned
Does he still look clueless against out-swingers like he did against Tait last time in England?