• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Comparing 2 Teams by ICC Player Ratings (Timepass Activity)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Batting ratings to be used for top 7, bowling ratings for the rest..

India:
Gambhir (709)
Sehwag (774)
Dravid (691)
Tendulkar (865)
Laxman (778)
Raina (439)
Dhoni (547)
Harbhajan (653)
Zaheer (733)
Sreesanth (513)
Ishant (669)

Batting: 4803 (average = 4803/7 = 686)
Bowling: 2568 (average = 2568/4 = 642)
Total: 7371 (average = 7371/11 = 670)

England:
Strauss (602)
Cook (821)
Trott (833)
Pietersen (659)
Bell (740)
Morgan (386)
Prior (645)
Broad (579)
Swann (797)
Anderson (781)
Tremlett (611)

Batting: 4686 (Average = 4686/7 = 669)
Bowling: 2768 (Average = 2768/4 = 692)
Total: 7454 (Average = 7454/11 = 677)

So, India is slightly ahead in batting, England is ahead in bowling. Overall, they are about the same as long as Sehwag stays fit.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Also, a Combined XI using these ratings would look like:

Sehwag
Cook
Trott
Tendulkar
Laxman
Bell
Prior
Swann
Zaheer
Anderson
Ishant

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That pretty much mirrors the 'Combined XI' if you remove Ishant and stick Tremmers in, who obviously hasn't accrued that many points yet

Howe_zat

Audio File
Very heavily, seeing as his replacement is Mukund, who with only two tests has hardly any points.

About what we expected from the rankings, though Tremmers has been nutted essentially by being injured for most of the last three years.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Sree, zaheer, sach, sehwag and gambhir have been losing points for skipping the games against WI btw

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
That pretty much mirrors the 'Combined XI' if you remove Ishant and stick Tremmers in, who obviously hasn't accrued that many points yet
I shall personally have Dhoni over Prior because I personally think he's clearly the better keeper at the moment - and the difference in their batting is not much, if at all.

weeman27bob

International Regular
I shall personally have Dhoni over Prior because I personally think he's clearly the better keeper at the moment - and the difference in their batting is not much, if at all.
You say the difference between the batting isn't much. Going off this thread, the difference in their ratings is 98, which seams an awful lot to say there isn't much difference.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
You say the difference between the batting isn't much. Going off this thread, the difference in their ratings is 98, which seams an awful lot to say there isn't much difference.
I said in general, not specific to their batting ratings in this thread.

Of course, two wickets in two no-balls in two successive tests hasn't helped Dhoni's batting ratings at all.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
By the same token, Prior sacrificing himself twice for the team in the last 2 matches hasn't helped his rating at all.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I said in general, not specific to their batting ratings in this thread.

Of course, two wickets in two no-balls in two successive tests hasn't helped Dhoni's batting ratings at all.
Chipping the ball to mid-on also being unhelpful.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
By the same token, Prior sacrificing himself twice for the team in the last 2 matches hasn't helped his rating at all.
Chipping the ball to mid-on also being unhelpful.
Agreed.

But IMO (and my guess is that most will agree with me on that) they are 'comparable' with the bat. However, my opinion about their keeping is that Dhoni is unarguably better than Prior. Plus some browny points for being the captain of the no. 1 team for a substantial period of time, if you like...

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hang on weldone

This thread is about the rankings

So who gives a toss about your opinion?

It's pretty obvious that Tremlett gets into a combined XI ahead of Sharma, but the rankings have Sharma ahead so fair enough.

If you want to pick your own XI, and I suspect it would have eleven Indians, then go to the Combined XI thread, which I mentioned early on in this thread.

Jacknife

International Captain
Broad has plummeted.
Yes, I think he was 10 in the rankings during the Ashes, dropped down to 15. It only takes one bad series to make you really drop down the rankings, or visa versa.

Tremlett's really shot up the rankings, up to 11, that makes 5 England bowlers in the top 17, not bad going.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hang on weldone

This thread is about the rankings

So who gives a toss about your opinion?

It's pretty obvious that Tremlett gets into a combined XI ahead of Sharma, but the rankings have Sharma ahead so fair enough.

If you want to pick your own XI, and I suspect it would have eleven Indians, then go to the Combined XI thread, which I mentioned early on in this thread.
Well TBF, I don't think they release rankings of wicket-keepers for their keeping skill alone, so he has to go by his opinion there.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Except he said 'there isn't much between them in batting' which was his justifcation for going on his opinion of them as keepers. Prior is miles ahead of Dhoni in the batting rankings.