• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Zimbabwe Thread

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Edwards won't follow up yesterday's effort...he's currently 5 overs for 37 runs, no wickets.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
Well what a great start!, I just hope he can follow it up in the next match & not fall into the trap of going 10 overs for 50 with no wickets or something.
Good job Tim! :rolleyes: :lol:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry, I seem to be good at putting a hex on a player.

Hmmm...who should I target next?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Alright then....

Andy Bichel will start the test series well against India, but by the 4th test will not play due to poor form.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tim said:
Alright then....

Andy Bichel will start the test series well against India, but by the 4th test will not play due to poor form.
I'm pretty sure that Andy Bichel is the least of India's concerns. :P

At the moment, and none would disagree I would think, that India's biggest enemy is themselves.

Although isn't this a WI/Zim thread? I was disappointed to see Edward's strike rate blow out like that!! :P
His 7 rivalled Martin van Jaarsveld's ODI strike rate of 1 that he held for a while.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Interesting... it was a family affair when Price was out LBW.

His father-in-law, umpire Kevin Barber gave him out and his wife (one of the official scorers) noted the dismissal.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Interesting... it was a family affair when Price was out LBW.

His father-in-law, umpire Kevin Barber gave him out and his wife (one of the official scorers) noted the dismissal.
Shows the size of Zimbabwean cricket :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Series Averages

WI

CH Gayle
385 runs @ 128.33
2 x50
2 x100
HS - 153*
SR - 97.22

WW Hinds
198 @ 49.5
1 x100
HS - 127*
SR - 72

BC Lara
204 @ 40.8
1 x100
HS - 113
SR - 100.49
---
FH Edwards
8 wickets @ 10.25
BB - 6/22
SR - 11.8
Econ - 5.17

CH Gayle
7 wickets @ 12.57
BB - 4/24
SR - 27.4
Econ - 2.75

VC Drakes
3 wickets @ 23.66
BB - 1/15
SR - 42
Econ - 3.38
------
Zim

HH Streak
142 runs @ 71
1 x50
HS - 65*
SR - 67.29

T Taibu
117 runs @ 58.5
1 x50
HS - 66
SR - 75.97
Ct 10, St 1

MA Vermeulen
174 runs @ 43.5
2 x50
HS - 66*
SR - 79.81
---
AM Blignaut
8 wickets @ 27.25
BB - 4/43
SR - 29.2
Econ - 5.58

HH Streak
6 wickets @ 31
BB - 3/45
SR - 39.5
Econ - 4.70

SM Ervine
6 wickets @ 35.66
BB - 2/42
SR - 36
Econ - 5.94
----------------------------
Full Averages

Craig

World Traveller
Well I couldnt believe I was correct about Edwards.

I must say Gayle is playing extremly well, I know iti s against Zimbabwe, but at least he will be full of confidence in SOuth Africa. There is no reason why he shouldnt do well.

Unless Pollock and co. have something to say about that.