• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Zimbabwe Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Taylor went off the field due to back problems, so I expect that Hinds, Sarwan and Gayle will have alot to do in the second innings.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Well Zimbabwe I think might have the upper hand as they go in to lunch at 372/7. Very well done in regards to the fact that numbers 6, 7 and 8 have all posted half-centuries. Number 9 (blignaut) looks good for one too.:)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The West Indies may miss out on a test victory if they don't start cracking the whip...reading about the pitch though, the Windies batsmen should be able to score fairly quickly on this pitch.

Mr. P

Yeah Zimbabwe are doing well with the bat, but I am worried that if Streak doesn't fire, Zimbabwe won't

Mr Mxyzptlk

In my mind we HAVE to get them for close to 400/410. Then we will still be in good shape, because against that bowling attack, we would hope to pass that total by the close of play tomorrow. That said, they could just as easily knock us over for 200odd.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a shame Zimbabwe didn't have Sean Ervine available because he was Zim's next best bowler after Ray Price in Australia.

An attack consisting of Streak, Blignaut, Ervine & Price isn't that bad & would give the West Indies quite a good test.

Chubb

International Regular
You're right. And they could have Pommie Mbangwa as well... not quite world class but good enough. But Zimbabwe will never have an all-white bowling attack: Quotas wouldn't allow it. But, as Mbangwa is a black man then surely he should play ahead of Crapwire.

Oh, this a great day for Zimbabwe... They're gonna get 400+ with any luck. Game on!

Chubb

International Regular
Nope. He's still in Zimbabwe and still playing provincial cricket. They don't selet him because a) he does lots of commentary on TV (He's very good at it) and b) he isn't fast enough

If you ask me I'd rather have an accurate medium-pacer than Crapwire. But even he isn't as bad as Waddington Mwayenga, who went on the tour to England. He was getting murdered by the somerset all-rounder Keith Dutch, who isn't what you'd call high class.

Mr Mxyzptlk

He may be playing provincial cricket, but I heard he was retired from Test cricket. I don't think his lack of pace is a problem in the selectors minds. They've selected slower seamers before.

Chubb

International Regular
John Ward (The Zimbabwean cricket journalist) didn't say he was retired when I asked him why Mbangwa wasn't playing in Australia. As far as I am aware he is still available for selection.

Chubb

International Regular
Streak just got his hundred!

Was there ever a man more deserving? Well done to him! Blignaut's not far behind. Will Zimbabwe get 500?

Andre

International Regular
Chubb said:
Streak just got his hundred!

Was there ever a man more deserving? Well done to him! Blignaut's not far behind. Will Zimbabwe get 500?
Quite possibly not.

Quite possibly.

PY

International Coach
500 up for 9 wickets down.

Streak still unbeaten, didn't know he had it in him. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Windies 11/0 in response to Zimbabwe's impressive 507/9d. Excellent performance and it shows that no Test team is really a minnow in cricket at the moment. Although Bangladesh have yet to win, they've had huge chances against Pakistan and England, and Zimbabwe certainly has quite a chance to win this one.

Very good knock by Streak for 127*, followed by a maiden over (seemed somewhat fitting?) but what was truly amazing was the middle order scores all over. Wishart 47. Matsikenyeri 57. Taibu 83. And Blignaut 91. Impressive (although I'm not saying that there's some poor bowling going on from WI, and possibly a quite good batting pitch as well.)

Mr Mxyzptlk

We are now going to bat for two days at 4.5 runs per over, score 810/9 (Lara 381*) dec. and then knock Zimbabwe over for 52. Watch and be amazed...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
although I'm not saying that there's some poor bowling going on from WI, and possibly a quite good batting pitch as well.)
The pitch is as flat as I've seen. The West Indies bowlers didn't bowl outstandingly, but they didn't bowl poorly. Still no one (except Edwards this morning) ever looked like possibly dismissing 1 through 9. There's nothing in the pitch (... WI collapse for 150 tomorrow in 3...2...).

That said, Collymore was shocking, Drakes was tight but unpenetrative, Taylor was absent and Edwards was purposeful.

Mr. P

WOWA! Just woke up this morning to find Zimbabwe had declared at 507/9!:O :D Naturally can't believe it, I'm thinking they can win now, and I'm thinking they will.:)