Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gayle says 'enough is enough'

Banned

Gayle says 'enough is enough'

West Indies news: Gayle to 'explore opportunities' but not quitting | Cricket News | West Indies v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Looks like he has had it with WICB. Meaning we won't be seeing him around for a while then. Its sad that it had to turn out this way

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Been on the cards for ages and no surprise but a great shame nonetheless - in reality I suspect WICB need him more than he needs them

Banned
    This is the third career gone down the drain in the last 2 months. First Afridi, then Katich, and now Gayle. All 3 because of their boards and not performance.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Except Gayle's commitment is questionable.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    How is it questionable?
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    The WICB is all about ego. They wont accept Gayle back unless he grovels, which he wont do.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Exactly that. There is no reason for any meeting to have to be delayed until August. Why does Gayle have to meet so many different people?

Hilaire's approach is disgusting really. This should simply be meetings between him, Gayle, the management and the disciplinary committee. No need for the run around except to delay him playing again as long as possible. They ignored him except the physio and I think a doctor when he was injured and only contacted him once he was going to the IPL.

I read a report that the WIPA chairman (?) Ramnaraine has a lot to blame for. Apparently he insists that all communication between the WICB and Gayle be routed through the WIPA, and there be absolutely no direct communication between the two. Seems to me to be a powerplay to make the WIPA seem more relevant than they are/should be? I don't see a reason why the WICB shouldn't be allowed to contact a player directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

All communication on contracts and the like should go through WIPA. If you follow the history of this issue you'll see that Hilaire ignored this and went directly to Gayle and threatened him for asking if the contract was vetted by WIPA. They've done nothing wrong here.

Be careful of which reports you read. According to some Ramnarine threatened Hilaire with a chair and yet here is Gayle saying that didn't happen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Been on the cards for ages and no surprise but a great shame nonetheless - in reality I suspect WICB need him more than he needs them
    I think you've hit the nail on the head, here....

As a result, I would recommend a more practical approach. The WICB should try to work with Gayle, and his commitments to 20/20 competitions, and not keep trying to put barriers in his way. Because, after all, today it's Gayle, and tomorrow it's Pollard, the Bravos, Taylor, Russell, Simmons, and who knows who else?

I suspect that the next stage is for Gayle to commit himself to the 20/20 competitions in Sri Lanka and Australia, and if the WICB refuse to grant a NOC, he may announce his retirement from WI cricket, which would be a big blow to the Windies, with the limited amount of talent available.

Banned

Government to mediate Gayle issue

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    All communication on contracts and the like should go through WIPA. If you follow the history of this issue you'll see that Hilaire ignored this and went directly to Gayle and threatened him for asking if the contract was vetted by WIPA. They've done nothing wrong here.

Be careful of which reports you read. According to some Ramnarine threatened Hilaire with a chair and yet here is Gayle saying that didn't happen.
    I don't get why it should be set in stone that all player contracts should go through the WIPA, tbh. IMO there's nothing wrong in approaching a player directly, especially if the WIPA have shown themselves unreasonable to work with.

And I;ve been reading an interview of Carl Hooper, where it was mentioned that he found it hard to get along with Ramnaraine as a player too. I don't know the guy personally, but from all the stuff I've read I have no reason to not believe that Ramnaraine is an unpleasant and unreasonable person to work with in a professional capacity. And Gayle isn't the epitome of truth.

Cricket Spectator
    Are you seriously pointing all blame on Ramnarine and none on the CEO and coach Gibson after all what Gayle has said about them? I'm going to pick Gayle's side and what he's saying on this one. As for his loyalty, you don't have much to say when he was okay with not being bought in the auctions and only got picked after it was confirmed he will not be picked for Pakistan. Or do you want him to stay unemployed to prove his loyalty?
    Last edited by Params7; 06-07-2011 at 02:23 PM.

I don't give a rats ass for what Gayle has to say on this issue. He has no qualms about ditching his Test side for T20 riches. His views are well known. Are you suggesting he has no vested interests in siding with Ramnaraine and bad mouthing anyone who doesn't agree to the terms of an unconditional return for him? The WICB aren't saints, but it'd be stupid to pin all the blame on them and none on the WIPA and Gayle for this situation.

Cricket Spectator
    He has no qualms about ditching his Test side for T20 riches.
    How?

Are you suggesting he has no vested interests in siding with Ramnaraine and bad mouthing anyone who doesn't agree to the terms of an unconditional return for him?
    And what are those unconditional terms?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information