• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Spark

Global Moderator
It's been quite a long break, eh?

===

Tour fixtures

August 6: 1st T20, Pallekele
August 8: 2nd T20, Pallekele

August 10: 1st ODI, Pallekele
August 14: 2nd ODI, Hambantota
August 16: 3rd ODI, Hambantota
August 20: 4th ODI, Colombo
August 22: 5th ODI, Colombo

August 31-September 4: 1st Test, Galle
September 8-12: 2nd Test, Pallekele
September 16-20: 3rd Test, Colombo

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should be awesome. Really looking forward to this. Been a long time since Australia were in SL.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, before Clarke had debuted. Ponting the only one with Test experience there, which is alarming.

vcs

Yeah, before Clarke had debuted. Ponting the only one with Test experience there, which is alarming.
The 2004 series was awesome.. Warne, Murali, Gilchrist, Martyn were all brilliant.

Rush

Banned
It's been quite a long break, eh?

===

Tour fixtures

August 6: 1st T20, Pallekele
August 8: 2nd T20, Pallekele

August 10: 1st ODI, Pallekele
August 14: 2nd ODI, Hambantota
August 16: 3rd ODI, Hambantota
August 20: 4th ODI, Colombo
August 22: 5th ODI, Colombo

August 31-September 4: 1st Test, Galle
September 8-12: 2nd Test, Pallekele
September 16-20: 3rd Test, Colombo
The Oz batsman should bukkake over the Sri Lankan bowling attack:cool: two high scoring draws and a win for Australia I see in the tests. ODI should be a lot closer but you never know after Sri Lanka's 'performance' a couple days ago.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I gotta admit I feel far more optimistic about this tour than I did, say, five-six months ago.

vcs

Wow Murali took 28 @ 23, Warne took 26@ 20, in a three match series. ****ing hell!:-O
Yeah.. that was the only series we saw them face off with both being close to their respective best. Wonder if Rob has uploaded any highlights from that series, haven't found anything on youtube.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's still 2 months away :cry:
Yeah the reason I decided to start this so early is so basically the "Test batting lineup/order debate" which kinda was left off unfinished after the Ashes can go here and get some mileage before the squads are announced, which I suspect won't be for another three-four weeks or so at the earliest. Especially since no one really managed to agree on what the lineup should be, and the new conditions with Clarke captain and no Katich.

Bun

Banned
jeebus, how many months it will be without cricket for aus when they star this tour????

Furball

Evil Scotsman
jeebus, how many months it will be without cricket for aus when they star this tour????
Four, although it will be 8 months without Test cricket by the time the first Test rolls around.

Tends to happen in the aftermath of a home Ashes series for the crims, iirc they had no Test cricket for 10 months after 06/07.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah the reason I decided to start this so early is so basically the "Test batting lineup/order debate" which kinda was left off unfinished after the Ashes can go here and get some mileage before the squads are announced, which I suspect won't be for another three-four weeks or so at the earliest. Especially since no one really managed to agree on what the lineup should be, and the new conditions with Clarke captain and no Katich.
Hughes
Cosgrove
Watson
Khawaja
Clarke
Hussey
Paine
Johnson
Hauritz
Siddle
Bollinger

is how I'd go.