Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Daryl Harper withdraws from Dominica test

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Bun
    Banned
    what undeserving criticism? he was poo.

Simon Champion!
    He wasn't even singled out. Was not that harsh of a comment tbh.
    Cue Chris Broad to Ban Dhoni for a match or something now.

In any case he was going off the Elite panel after the test match ,and will be replaced by a supposed better umpire.
    Was a likeable chap though ,but never shirked the attention so may have wanted one last Hyping/Remembering moment by this.

Lol at 'unfair criticism'. To his credit, he knows when to call it quits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Banned
    Well Dhoni was the one objecting DRS so he has no room to be complaining about wrongful decisions.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Maybe Dhoni was on about PK being warned and banned from bowling in the 1st innings?

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeDragon View Post
    Well Dhoni was the one objecting DRS so he has no room to be complaining about wrongful decisions.
    That is absolute bull****. UDRS doesn't mean that an umpire can be crap. Umpires are still expected to make good decisions. Didn't watch enough of the test match to have an opinion of the umpiring but Harper has never been among the best of umpires.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruxdude View Post
    That is absolute bull****. UDRS doesn't mean that an umpire can be crap. Umpires are still expected to make good decisions. Didn't watch enough of the test match to have an opinion of the umpiring but Harper has never been among the best of umpires.
    He and everybody else fully knows wrongful decisions are basically a part of cricket. You can't have cricket without wrongful decisions happening just like you can't have soccer without fouls happening. Not saying Harper is any saint, but Dhoni playing his part in DRS not being involved should be the last person to publicly complain about it. WI also suffered from wrongful decisions and they are not going around complaining about it all the time.

The beauty of DRS is that crap decisions made by the umpires get overturned. That way the umpire being crap doesn't have an impact on the game and people forget that the umpire was atrocious.

Billy Doctrove had a couple of shockers in the England-Sri Lanka series. All soon forgotten because they were overturned.

I'm sorry to see someone's career heading for the plughole like this, and Harper's always seemed a decent sort of cove.

I've never thought he's really been up to the standard of Test cricket. But I was interested to read in the article that the stats show his decision-making in Tests involving India has been significantly above the average of his peers.

As for MS Dhoni's comment -

You know I can only say, if the correct decisions were made, the game would have finished much earlier and I would have been in the hotel by now.
    - I'd like to think that's out of character. I think Dhoni's better than that.
    Last edited by zaremba; 29-06-2011 at 03:23 PM.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    The beauty of DRS is that crap decisions made by the umpires get overturned. That way the umpire being crap doesn't have an impact on the game and people forget that the umpire was atrocious.

Billy Doctrove had a couple of shockers in the England-Sri Lanka series. All soon forgotten because they were overturned.
    But that doesn't excuse crap umpires. What if there is a situation with UDRS where the team has run out of reviews and we have a couple of ****ty decisions?

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    You know I can only say, if the correct decisions were made, the game would have finished much earlier and I would have been in the hotel by now.
    Bahaha. If that isn't bringing the game into disrepute then what is? Surely captain fantastic will be hit with some sort of fine or ban in the coming day's........
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    I'm sorry to see someone's career heading for the plughole like this, and Harper's always seemed a decent sort of cove.

I've never thought he's really been up to the standard of Test cricket. But I was interested to read in the article that the stats show his decision-making in Tests involving India has been significantly above the average of his peers.

As for MS Dhoni's comment -

- I'd like to think that's out of character. I think Dhoni's better than that.
    Agree with this. To quote VicO, Harper's a ripping man but he's prone to the odd shocker.

Didn't like Dhoni's comments one bit, tbh.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Bun
    Banned
    not that harper has beena super hit with udrs as well

Harper howlers undermine UDRS | Cricket Features | South Africa v England 2009/10 | ESPN Cricinfo

bad umpiring has no place in international cricket, these umpires are called elite for a reason... if udrs can justify their bad calls, why the need for elite umps? a bun can also do the honors....

But that doesn't excuse crap umpires. What if there is a situation with UDRS where the team has run out of reviews and we have a couple of ****ty decisions?
    which means that the team has used its reviews poorly.UDRS is tailor made for umpires like Hair, Dotrove, Bowden ok-ish umpires but prone to having some really inconsistent days yes it does not give an excuse for an umpire to be poor but it allows the playing teams to get away with minimum damage even if an umpire is having an off day.

Dhoni's comments were way out of line and did come across quite poor should have been reprimanded for it imo.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information