• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daryl Harper withdraws from Dominica test

Xuhaib

International Coach
All other issues aside, Hair was one of the best decision makers in cricket, actually. His % of correct shouts was consistently up there, second only to Taufel.
had a history of ****ing us the test preceding the Oval-gate gave a life each to KP and Cook early on and both went on to get a 100 that imo also indirectly player a role in Inzi's over reaction.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Annoying that Raina was fined 25% for dissent. It was mere disbelief and disappointment rather than anything else. Rampaul's reaction in the first Test was much worse and he only got 10%. So was Mishra's but I don't think he got fined.

EDIT : It seems Mishra got 10% as well.
Chris Broad was the match referee ,what did you expect?
Has a long history now.

Not saying there is a connection ,but compare it to what his son gets away with.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure the same happened in one of the matches in the world cup too where the wrong replay was shown by mistake and once before the broadcasters and commentators tried their best to cover it too.

A couple of media channels picked upon it as THE non striker was standing in different postiions in the initial replay and the one used to make the decision :laugh:

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Oh stop it. I've had it with precious umpires. Batsmen bowlers fielders and umpires all have ****ty games and it's fair enough to call them all out on it. Lol@50%

Umpire Dickie Bird supports M S Dhoni for hitting out at umpiring
Exactly.

He hardly said anything against Harper personally ,just made a honest comment FFS!!
Though was out of character for him to make such comments.

Umpires have been called out before in every sport and even admitted to their mistakes too.

Taufel in the last England tour gave Sachin and Ganguly 2 shockers in one day and came out to admit it himself and went and personally apologised to Sachin.

Harper though was a likeable guy ,was never one to shy away from the attention .He knew he was being removed from the elite panel in any case.
So won't be surprised at all if he did this for one final moment in the limelight or something about which he can write in his book like Hair which would make it sell.

Last edited:

Mehul K

Cricket Spectator
Well Dhoni was the one objecting DRS so he has no room to be complaining about wrongful decisions.
I think this is a bit ironic but he was not really flaming the umpire as such, just a little comment that's all.

I never liked Harper anyway. Can't say I'm disappointed that he is out of the elite panel.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So if you don't like food cooked in a microwave oven, you can't blame your cook when he cooks badly using the stove?
Poor analogy IMO because the stove actually gives a higher quality output.

It's more analogous to taking the stove out of kitchen and then complaining that the food tastes microwaved.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Poor analogy IMO because the stove actually gives a higher quality output.
Obviously the person who likes food cooked in stove more than food cooked in microwave oven thinks so. It was a perfectly fine analogy IMO.

A second analogy, which is equally appropriate:
If you think democracy is the best among the available options, does that mean you can never criticise any democratically elected minister/president?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh stop it. I've had it with precious umpires. Batsmen bowlers fielders and umpires all have ****ty games and it's fair enough to call them all out on it. Lol@50%

Umpire Dickie Bird supports M S Dhoni for hitting out at umpiring
If I was the referee, regardless of me disagreeing with you on principle anyway, I'd be throwing the book at Dhoni because of the role he is believed to have played in the fact that the DRS isn't there in this series. Just takes the piss.

Has a long history now.

Not saying there is a connection ,but compare it to what his son gets away with.
8-)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Has a long history now.

Yeah mate. Everyone is out to get India. Watch out 8-)

If I was the referee, regardless of me disagreeing with you on principle anyway, I'd be throwing the book at Dhoni because of the role he is believed to have played in the fact that the DRS isn't there in this series. Just takes the piss.
Last thing Broad wants is to lose his job like Malcom Speed. So if i was match referee , i would be more worried about my job than fining Dhoni. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And his job is to fine Dhoni for those comments, which bring the game into disrepute.

And his job is to fine Dhoni for those comments, which bring the game into disrepute.
His job is to remain as referee as long as possible so that his Son keeps getting away despite his behaviour on the field. I think Stuart Broad brings the game into disrepute everyday through his antics on the field.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, poor guy didn't get to his hotel until late

Seriously, WAC. I hope he encounters traffic at the close of play tonight. Horrible piece of **** he is.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
His job is to remain as referee as long as possible so that his Son keeps getting away despite his behaviour on the field. I think Stuart Broad brings the game into disrepute everyday through his antics on the field.

Last edited by a moderator: