• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whose bowling attack in test is better now ?

Whose bowling attack in test is better now ?

• Total voters

Himannv

International Coach
I think our attack isn't great but we need to pick the right set of bowlers first in order to stand a chance. I would put a fair amount of emphasis on the poor choices by the selectors on this one.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Depending on how you think they went in India last autumn, it's either two or three.

On the one hand they stopped India, in India, from posting over 500 in four attempts, and got into a position to win in Mohali.

On the other hand, India got 400+ in both first innings, couldn't get rid of the tail in Mohali or defend a decent score in Bangalore, and still lost both matches despite batting reasonably well.

Then there's the Pakistan series, where there's no question the front line bowlers performed badly.
I definitely think Australia bowled pretty well in India. Pakistan series was poor from the non-Watson/North contingent though and the Ashes was definitely poor.

I still think I'd have them third though. The thought of having Pakistan above them doesn't seem outrageous to me but with Asif and Amir rubbed out, the only Pakistani bowlers I'd consider for a combined Australian/Pakistani team would be spinners. I'd definitely take Siddle, Harris, Johnson and Bollinger (proper fitness pending) ahead of Gul, Wahab and Tanvir. I'd think about having India and the West Indies ahead of Pakistan based on the strength of full-strength attacks on paper tbh.

Xuhaib

International Coach
no pace attack is ordinary Gul is inconsistent, Wahab it seems will be similar to Gul in terms of output while Tanveer is rubbish, its the spin attack which is keeping this attack competitive.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Pak attack is pretty decent tbh. Would rate it above WI.
Pak attack is certainly better than an attck of Edwards Rampaul Sammy and Bishoo.

But if Roach Rampaul Edwards and Bishoo play together regularly, and if all of the 4 are in their best rhythm, then they would just edge past Pakistan attack I reckon.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pak attack is certainly better than an attck of Edwards Rampaul Sammy and Bishoo.

But if Roach Rampaul Edwards and Bishoo play together regularly, and if all of the 4 are in their best rhythm, then they would just edge past Pakistan attack I reckon.
if Gul and Wahab are bowling with rhythm suddenly an attack of Wahab,Gul,Ajmal & rehman starts looking world class. The thing is we have to see the output of Roach & Edwards has been average at best. I rate Windies attack better then Pak but thats because of the depth they have when you include their best 2 seamers over the past 5 years Sammy & Taylor.

Mehul K

Cricket Spectator
It was always going to be tough for SL after Murali called it a day. Mendis hasn't come on as well as they have hoped. The WI bowling attack shows a lot of promise but it is still pretty mediocre if you ask me.

smash84

The Tiger King
if Gul and Wahab are bowling with rhythm suddenly an attack of Wahab,Gul,Ajmal & rehman starts looking world class. The thing is we have to see the output of Roach & Edwards has been average at best. I rate Windies attack better then Pak but thats because of the depth they have when you include their best 2 seamers over the past 5 years Sammy & Taylor.
exactly........the WI attack too has been inconsistent and hence I rate the Pak attack better because the spinners have been fairly consistent for Pakistan

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
exactly........the WI attack too has been inconsistent and hence I rate the Pak attack better because the spinners have been fairly consistent for Pakistan
I think it's fair to say the Windies attack have been fairly decent this summer. Just seems to get forgotten when their batsmen fail time and time again

smash84

The Tiger King
I think it's fair to say the Windies attack have been fairly decent this summer. Just seems to get forgotten when their batsmen fail time and time again
yes they have been decent but I think that the Pakistan bowling attack edges them due to a more consistent spin attack. Both sides' fast bowlers have been quite inconsistent I feel

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We have a number of decent of pace bowlers but they're all performing averagely atm with no clear stand outs - Hence the continued shuffling of the attack

I also think England have the strongest attack since SA are pretty ****ed if Steyn or Morkel break down
Yeah agree with this. We've been pretty poor on the whole for quite a while now. No consistency at all, and apparently bowling one side of the wicket is nigh on impossible for our guys at the moment.

Would have England and SA at the top. England were very disciplined during the last Ashes and when they lost one guy through injury another stepped up and performed even better.