• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's the better all rounder: Sanath Jayasuriya or Jacques Kallis?

Who's the better all rounder: Sanath Jayasuriya or Jacques Kallis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlazeDragon

Banned
They are both successful batting all rounders so I thought this would be a fair comparison. Kallis is ahead on Tests on both batting and bowling. While Jayasuriya is ahead on ODI's on both batting and bowling as well. Both have played more matches than each other in the format they are ahead on.

Tough Kaillis is more ahead on Test then Jayasuria is ODIs so I guess Kallis takes this. Its sad I wanted something to vote on Jayasuria.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kallis in Tests, Jayasuria in ODIs is fair.

Sanath still one of my favourite ever players, even in Tests, though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Much love for Sanath, but he has spawned a whole generation of SLA dart bowlers that make baby Jesus cry.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hey, I was gonna come in and ask why this hasn't been moved to the Testing Forum, but I guess if we're talking ODIs too it's fair to give Jaya that point.

In Tests though, you might as well ask me if I'd rather have dinner with Scarlett Johannson or Jono

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jayasuriya will go down greater than Kallis at ODI's in the history books due to influence, but I'd argue that Kallis is better.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Kallis by two light-years and a half.

What next? Shall we be comparing Garry Sobers to Darren Sammy?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jayasuriya by a massive, massive margin.

What next? Shall we be comparing Garry Sobers to Dwayne Bravo?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Who's the better batsman? Steve Waugh or Mahendra Dhoni? ...mmm...wait, let me think....mmm....Waugh was better in tests, Dhoni better in ODIs....mmmm....I'm not sure about overall...wait...mmmm....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Why are people saying Jayasuriya is obvious in ODIs? 2000 runs and 70 wickets is hardly that big a difference for 130 games and in terms of average Kallis is well ahead.

Only thing going for Jayasuriya is S/R, for me that's not enough to put him ahead.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
In terms of numbers, Kallis > Jayasuriya in ODIs.

However in terms of impact, I'd still say Jayasuriya > Kallis there. Jayasuriya has never lost his team a match because he scored a lot of runs.