• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

More Tests for major countries in FTP draft

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Apart from England and Australia playing five-Test Ashes, India's tours to England in 2014 and 2018 will also contain five Tests. No other team will be involved in five-Test contests
:D

Hell yeah

cricpk

U19 12th Man
And what the Hell PCB is doing? Why is there window for Champions League, if its not an ICC event. ICC has Double Triple standards.

Xuhaib

International Coach
considering home tests still look like a distant possibility Pakistan should be glad at the number of games they are getting also Pakistan is a rubbish test side which does not help their cause.

Xuhaib

International Coach
also no Ind-Pakistan series have been confirmed apart from the 2013 series so if normal cricketing ties resume that should bump the numbers closer to Lanka and Sa

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a shame RSA don't play more Test cricket, have the best batsman and the best bowler in the world (by some distance) and IMO have as good an argument as India to be considered the best team going around ATM.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If we're going to play divisional Test cricket, can we at least make it official? Then at least we can decide who plays who on merit rather than wallet size.

Borges

International Regular
Can anyone tell me why only India, England and Australia got to play most number of test matches in the next FTP?
Hard to give an accurate answer when one has no clue about the number of series each country plays. In the absence of that, the numbers seem just about right; the countries which play five and four test series amongst themselves play more test matches than those that play two and three test series. To me the ratios seem just about right: if, for instance, England and Sri Lanka play the same number of tours, England would play a lot more (99) tests than SL (76). Or is it the contention that every tour should be having precisely the same number of tests?

To me, this is more worrying than the number of test matches which are trumpeted in the article:
The draft shows that India will not host Bangladesh or Zimbabwe for either Tests or ODIs until 2020.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Hard to give an accurate answer when one has no clue about the number of series each country plays. In the absence of that, the numbers seem just about right; the countries which play five and four test series amongst themselves play more test matches than those that play two and three test series. To me the ratios seem just about right: if, for instance, England and Sri Lanka play the same number of tours, England would play a lot more (99) tests than SL (76). Or is it the contention that every tour should be having precisely the same number of tests?

To me, this is more worrying than the number of test matches which are trumpeted in the article:
India and Australia are just as bad as each other. CA seems to make a point of cancelling or changing test series against Bangladesh into ODI series.

I don't understand why Bangladesh is pushed into the gutter all the time. How are they supposed to get better?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd prefer a proviso where series between highly ranked opposition have to be at least 4 Tests.

India v Sri Lanka in 2009 was number 1 v 2 iirc, yet was only 3 Tests. If teams in the top 4 square off it should be 4 Tests minimum.